• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bite alarms for barbel fishing?

Chris Jones

If you don't use alarms then this thread isn't for you. Please don't use it to rant on about alarms being the work of Baelzebub.;):D

For those that do use alarms, what's your preference?

I need alarms to cover all my fishing which simply includes barbelling. However, it's barbel angling on rivers that drives my choice. I've found that the roller type don't cut it for me, even on maximum sensitivity. You can have fairly strong knocks and register nothing whatsoever on the alarm. For that reason, and their vibration sensing, I have Delkims.

If I wasn't barbelling then my choice may well be different. If a wheel type alarm could have the vibration sensing of a Delkim I'd be very interested to try them.

Personally I can't see past Delkims....had mine for over a decade and wouldn't change them ;)

Paul

Stick with the Delks Chris.

Had mine 7 years with no probs whatever the weather/condiitons; battery life is excellent (uinlike some other brands) and they cover all species (where used) for me. For overnighters you can add a long lead and extension box (or wireless version) for a bargain price and should you have a problem I'm told the back-up service is excellent and quibble-free too.

Richard, they certainly look interesting. No rush to ditch the Delkims just yet though.;)

Although I had Delks for a few years and always liked them, since changing to Atts I would never change back. I know it's a roller but with up to an eight magnetic roller wheel and no on/off button, I think there the simplest out there, I also like the longer ears for stopping the rods being blown off by wind or a vicious take. Just wish they'd design them with a speaker on so you don't have to carry the remote around when day fishing.

Cheers
Jas

Delks for me and has Jason say's it would have been nice for the ears to be slightly longer 5-10mm on the Delks.

Steve Neville makes some excellent stainless ears-if you are fishing close in a ratchet centre pin makes to best bite alarm-probaly sound best too!!!

I prefer Delkims as I can adjust their sensitivity and like the vibration sensor.
However I prefer the original (mk1's) over the latest for Barbel fishing as the new twin LEDS wreck my night vision Use EVs for Carp and my 10 year old ones for Barbel!

Delkim have just brought out snag ears designed for their own alarms its basically an adapted battery cover that incorporates two bars that can slot in or be taken out easily.

Another vote for Delks,well pleased with mine.Must admit I'd like them more if they went off a bit more often:D.The new snag bars look very tempting,gotta have them...........tart.

Pete.

Delks all day long chaps.
Just a cautionary note, new TXi's won't programme into the older versions of firmware on the RX box. If you retrospectively buy an additional TXi and it wont programme into your RX box, you can either;

Send the RX box back to Delkim who will upgrade the firmware FOC, or...
Speak to the retailer you bought the RX box from who should, (after speaking to Delkim), replace it FOC.

Simples.

Ian

Back