• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bird ID

It is a bit of a coincidence that this thread should appear at this time.
I am half way through making s series of shot tubes decorated with Owls , they are not finished yet but I thought I would post a quick snap of them.
They are not all native to the UK but because they are so striking the foreigners were included. They sell at tackle fairs and are as popular as the tubes decorated with our scaly friends. This year a few have gone off to Germany , purchased by a foreign visitor to Redditch .

5D7A6F8E-6669-446C-A8C6-BC02236C44EF.jpeg

David

Since moving to what is a in essence a place where birds live and we are merely there to provide them with some food and no doubt some curiosity as to our lives. We are blessed with visits from Pheasants of all colours and the rather drab but bolder females who exercise order in the group. All the usual song birds and the occasional woodpecker both Green and Lesser Spotted. We have Kites and Buzzards, Owls that screech Jackdaws, Crow and Magpies that cause havoc.
But for me the Rook is the real star, they have such a strong bond within their group and really enjoy a chat and a moan with us whilst perched on the power lines.
We do put out bird food and also bread! we were entertained in the summer in watching Jackdaws soaking hard stale bread in the bird bath to soften, and then the youngsters copying but using a flower pot as a vessel😏

Attachments

• blueboy.JPG
    blueboy.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 37
  • buzz1 (2).JPG
    buzz1 (2).JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0002 (2).JPG
    IMG_0002 (2).JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0022 (7).JPG
    IMG_0022 (7).JPG
    311 KB · Views: 45
But for me the Rook is the real star, they have such a strong bond within their group and really enjoy a chat and a moan with us whilst perched on the power lines.
We do put out bird food and also bread! we were entertained in the summer in watching Jackdaws soaking hard stale bread in the bird bath to soften, and then the youngsters copying but using a flower pot as a vessel😏
I would agree Neil. I think all the corvid species are pretty fascinating birds to watch, seemingly more intelligent than other species. They've been unfairly maligned over the centuries.

Now seeing ravens on a regular basis Spectacular birds.

Back