• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW fish in 23rd July river Severn Hampton Loade all for breast cancer

Hi men ,

Im just leaving for the fish-in , driving to Hampton Lode to buy some raffle tickets , have a look a the river , say hello to Dean , then shoot off to the Teme :D. Anyone in the area should pop down and buy a ticket , good prizes , and a good cause .

Hatter

Hi men ,

We popped down for a chat with Deano , and buy some raffle tickets , even if we aint there to collect anything it all goes to a great cause . We listened to dean on Talksport promoting it , as we drove down the Severn valley .It looked really nice , well run , with some cracking swims . Steve ( scuba ) , and Dean were just setting up the BBQ as we left , well done you two , top fellas .

6b9014e5.jpg

Hugh Williams playing the first barbel of the fish-in,

3919a9bd.jpg

Happy angler .

More to follow im sure .

hatter

Last edited:
Yes it was a great day out met some sound lads ok wasnt me and my stepsons day had to leave early but lm sure it continued to be a great occasion, my congrats must go to Dean for setting up the event sound bloke through and through...
At least there was some fish caught and a crackin pic thats been posted already tells the story..

Well thank you all for coming to the fish inn think it went well.James caught the biggest barbel £7 lb and Ian won the reel .We raised between £900 / £1000 I put the full amount on here once all the money is in. Already been asked about doing one for next year I think it be hard to top this one but we have to wait and see.Glad you all won some thing on the raffle that is what I wanted to happen .A few photos of the day please enjoy
025.jpg
026.jpg

027.jpg
053.jpg

Last edited:
Hell me and jason in deep concentration in the last pic wish l had gone a bit further on those swims look excellent but thats fishing l guess you pick the swims and hope for the best..

Cracking day, weather was spot on, though perhaps not for the fishing, and I even managed to catch!
Also managed to keep up my life long tradition of making bad decisions, by shunning a £100+ rod in favour of the 'mystery prize'!

And here it is in all its glory:
picture.php

I did however manage to win a poncho at the end, which is something I wanted!
Oh yeah, also found the winning ticket in my pocket when I got home, just to prove I wasn't trying to pull a fast one:D
picture.php

Well done to all concerned, looking forward to the next one:)

What an enjoyable day.:)
Really well organised - amazing raffle - where everybody won something, lovely barbecue, good fishing, nice weather, great company - what more can you want ? :)
Deano did a brilliant job, and it soon became obvious how much hard work he had put in - and to raise so much money for such a worthy cause is really admirable - great stuff mate ! :D
Also thanks to Stevo & Mrs Stevo for all their support and Andy F for BFW.
Lovely chatting with fellow BFWers over a beer (or 10!) - great bunch of blokes.
And nice to see my mate Mick catch a few - made his (& my) day.
Let's do it all again soon :)

I can echo what Mark has posted above what a superbly organized day and evening. P.s. Was that landlord watching us;).

Great to meet everyone on Saturday:D:D:D

A big thank you from me to Dean, Maz and everyone involved with making the day run smoothly.

Not too sure about the gaffer of the River & Rail though, that sod kept talking me into buying another beer so a `last pint` turned into a last five or six :p:p:p:p:p:p

064.jpg

Steve, something to bear in mind in the future mate, someone told me that I Phones and water don`t mix too well....................;)

hi all,
it was great to put faces to names on saturday, it was a superb day. the nights drink was a good chance to have a chat & a laugh with some of you. although it turned into a fairly late night. a little shame the weather didn't lend itself too much towards the fishing but heyho,
a MASSIVE well done to deano for getting it together & many thanks also to stevo & the girls (his & deano's ladies) for their help with everything else (barby, raffle etc.).
good luck to all i met (& others of coarse) with your fishing this season & hope to meet you all again soon.
roll on the next one.

ive just watched the youtube video, its good init, fair play. dean your not only a radio star but now on tinternet, ................what next..............top shelf adult publications maybe.

Crikey, thats a big gudgeon Steve's holding!!

Got a link for the You Tube vid Neil?

Magnificent Severn

What a fantastic day. Got up at stupid o'clock to drive from heathrow, rewarded with barbel first cast and another one later, nice bbq for lunch, more fishing and mostly sleeping, a raffle, won some poloroids that I need and yes Dean they are the dogs, more fishing instead of beer, had 5 more barbel in the evening, absolutely cream crackered sat in the swim with the tackle put away just contemplating that I had just had the best days barbel fishing of my life. I didn't catch that many barbel over last season, most of my fishing is for chub but the barbel fishing I do is limited to places that have some big ones but in low numbers, so many blank sessions on the kennet usually watching a static rod tip until the crays get hold of it. So it was a real joy and great sport to experience catching them and you really get to test your tackle. So I sat in my swim with a soppy grin and thought 7 from the severn is just fantastic, a day I will never forget. Still time for a drink at the pub and a few laughs and get to know a few more BFWers. It was clear that everyone was chuffed for me as they all understood that soppy look on my face.
Although I don't post that often I have been on the last 3 fish-ins and have really enjoyed them. It was nice to catch up with a few anglers I have met before and get to know a few more. Andy M-theres nothing wrong with your blue duvet, Neil and Phil - thanks for the laughs and stories and bag of ice ,particular thanks to Phil for not choking on a pork pie at 1.30 in the morning, me and Mark were worried for a moment there.

Thanks once again to Steve and Dean, both legends in my eyes, the work that was put in and the money raised was brilliant, cant thank you guys enough for making it happen. A great day, good fishing and good company and for a good cause.
Look forward to the next one.

Back