• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW fish in 23rd July river Severn Hampton Loade all for breast cancer

Dean Aston

A bit early I know but with the close season approaching and some of you might not be clicked on again until June.
With the help of the kind people of Kinver Freeliners and Andy Frances, we have sorted out a fish inn on Kinver Freeliners Hampton Loade stretch on Saturday 23rd July. All the money raised will go to the breast cancer charity. There be a prize for the biggest barbel and the most caught (before you say no keepnets :p ) a raffle as well as a BBQ also one or two surprises we are trying to sort out. The cost will be £10.00 for the day and all of that will all go to the charity. If you fancy meeting other barbel anglers from BFW and fishing in general this great stretch of river, it does not matter if you have not fished it before. Me and a few others shall be on hand to help just drop me a pm. I shall be listing down participants and will only book places when I have received any cheques. Please write all cheques to KINVER FREELINERS A/C. Pm me and I shall send you my details.

Last edited:
Graham, its my fault for the balls up...:eek:

Dean originally checked with me regarding the dates, which I thought were free.
Sadly I failed to take into account the 'Eel nights' we run each year.

We've now moved the fish-in to the 23rd (a Saturday).
Dean's aware its a Saturday, and I'm sure he'll edit the post from Sunday to Saturday once he's back on his computer.

Steve

I would like to come Deano, would be good if we can camp near the car park on Saturday night again and have a couple of beers??

Dates sorted sorry about mix up . Ian ive had a word with my leader and said cant see it being a promlem .We check closer to the time mate .Can always camp in my garden Ian lol

Can anyone post a typical run-down of the day with times, etc? Sorry to be a pain. Cheers,

Dean,

Sounds great, if you fancy carrying me back to yours ;)

you need to delete some private messages apparently your inbox is full..........

Can anyone post a typical run-down of the day with times, etc? Sorry to be a pain. Cheers,

Lee we still sorting things out but going to be some thing like meet up at 7.30 do some kind of draw for pegs like lowest number out the hat start walking to find a swim then 2 nd lowest min after some thing like that . Mid day have a BBQ and raffle draw . 5.00 pm finish give out prizes you can carry fishing on or few beers in a pub that's right on the corner . This just a rough guild mate .Its all about trying to raise as much money as we can enjoy the day meet some of BFW lads and may be catch a few barbel :D

You have p.m.

Deano, i will sort out Neils payment at the same time as mine. Will drop it in at yours next time working over your way.
Jez

No worries Jez . Neil already told me you do that cheers big fellow

Last edited:
I won't be fishing but as it's fairly local to me I could well pop down for a pint or two and bring a small donation with me, assuming it doesn't clash with anything else that is.

Back