• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW Autumn Trent fish-in now booking

Mark, you will be fine, I fish it with sticks.

The cast to the far side brigade cast over more fish than they find. :)

Fish close in if there is lots of water in, as Tony says many cast over the top of the fish. Put it this way I won't be bringing my flood rods, I only use them in extreme emergencies. If I have to cast 6oz plus a long way out to catch fish I'd rather not bother. The Trent is nowhere near as industrial as some would have you believe.

It's not mandatory to point your rod tips skywards either so don't feel compelled to do that either.

Conrad

It's still quite low despite the rain we've had over the weekend.
The 2 BS Auction winners had 5 barbel out last night on their 1st attempt which is quite good as they packed up at 9.00pm.
I'll know a bit more re conditions tomorrow when they fish again having spent the day today on The Fight Club stretch:D

I'll post up final arrangements tomorrow night so hold off the pm's until then please.

Bob Roberts accusations

For some reason Bob Roberts has seen fit to criticise me on his latest blog as shown below:

"The latest excuse for a spat appears to revolve around a clash of dates. Chris Pearson has organised a BFW fish-in on the Barnsley water at Hazelford, proceeds apparently going to charity. The Barbel Society were hosting a fish-in at Sutton on the same weekend, also on the Trent. By all accounts the Hazelford fish-in has not been met with the degree of enthusiasm expected and the blame has been laid at the BS door yet the BS has actually cancelled their fish-in.

Neither side appears capable of seeing where the fault lies. Perhaps I should give them a clue - it’s in the mirror."

Now clearly this is a very serious allegation that he clearly thinks I am intending to misappropriate the BFW donations,this wasn't unexpected which is why The Barnsley President has been invited to receive the cheque at dinner on Saturday evening for the full amount raised which to date is a very credible £581 with a few more expected on the day so we should hit at least £600 for Sue Ryder Homes in Barnsley.
He also has his facts completely wrong as usual on the venues ,not really sure why he feels the need to criticise me on this occassion other than it feeds his followers with more ammunition,bit sad really.

Last edited:
Catering Arrangements.

SATURDAY EVENING

We aim to serve a chicken curry and rice,from 6pm on the saturday.This will be a few yards away from the bank and where the tents are set up.Please bring along your own cutlery and plates,i will have a limited number of spares for those that have forgotten them.

SUNDAY MORNING

Bacon and egg butties served from 8.30 until they run out.

Looking forward to what promises to be a really good bash.

Regards

Mike

Hi Steve,
Not biting this time,Fred's already replied on Bob's blog correcting the lies Bob told about the "cancellation" of his open day on The Teme.
Just to clarify we have 27 confirmed attendees and 3 more probables paying cash on arrival so all 30 pegs allocated free of charge by Barnsley have been taken up so all in all very successful in my book with huge thanks to all those coming.
ATB
Chris

Hi Steve,
Not biting this time,Fred's already replied on Bob's blog correcting the lies Bob told about the "cancellation" of his open day on The Teme.
Just to clarify we have 27 confirmed attendees and 3 more probables paying cash on arrival so all 30 pegs allocated free of charge by Barnsley have been taken up so all in all very successful in my book with huge thanks to all those coming.
ATB
Chris

So if its pretty much sold out,,,,,, whats bob on about when he said you need to learn how to 'sell' the event?:confused:

Steve

Brilliant, well done Chris, that's a superb result, I wish I were coming but I am sure it will be a great weekend and produce loads of great memories and new, lasting friendships..........

I know I will be missed in the pub on saturday night, well for the few minutes it takes to find someone new to pick on ;)

Oh don't worry Ian they'll pick on me in your absence. I am going to be there all Saturday for sure, haven't decided about Friday yet. I'm off early Sunday morning though if I'm not too hung over :)

Conrad

PS Chris is there a list of attendees somewhere?

Hi Conrad,
Confirmed and paid attendees here,not sure when you were coming,also expected Spiros and his GF who is helping Mike with the cooking.

To date cheques received from:
1/Graham Elliott £33
2/Chris Jones £33
3/Wazzy £23
4/Wingers £23
5/Steve Williams £23
6/Mark De Lancey x 2 £46
7/Mark Nicholls £35 (cash)
8/Mark Cavanagh £33
9/Paul Salters (HKS member)£13
10/Richard Walker (HKS member)£23
11/Gary Manders x2 £60 (no food)
12.Phil Smith Paid £23
13/Jason McAdam £33
14/Steve Ralph and his BFW Hull Massive £95
inc.Steve Boyes,Tom McKeller,Charlie McKeller,Richard(food only)
15/Eelfisher (cash on arrival)
16/Stevie H (cash on arrival)
17/Mike Joyce (balance of cash on arrival)
18/Me (£23)
19/Rob Hilton (cancelled)
20/Paul Salters guest £13
21/Mike Lawrence £16
22/M Duffy £33
23/Andy Frances BFW donation £20

Thanks Andy your kind donation received this morning now takes the current total to £601.

Last edited:
Hoping to be there for the Saturday so will bring cash. Weather looking promising in that it's raining so at least the river should (fingers crossed!) be in good nick!

Trevor

For some reason Bob Roberts has seen fit to criticise me on his latest blog as shown below:

"The latest excuse for a spat appears to revolve around a clash of dates. Chris Pearson has organised a BFW fish-in on the Barnsley water at Hazelford, proceeds apparently going to charity. The Barbel Society were hosting a fish-in at Sutton on the same weekend, also on the Trent. By all accounts the Hazelford fish-in has not been met with the degree of enthusiasm expected and the blame has been laid at the BS door yet the BS has actually cancelled their fish-in.

Neither side appears capable of seeing where the fault lies. Perhaps I should give them a clue - it’s in the mirror."

Now clearly this is a very serious allegation that he clearly thinks I am intending to misappropriate the BFW donations,this wasn't unexpected which is why The Barnsley President has been invited to receive the cheque at dinner on Saturday evening for the full amount raised which to date is a very credible £581 with a few more expected on the day so we should hit at least £600 for Sue Ryder Homes in Barnsley.
He also has his facts completely wrong as usual on the venues ,not really sure why he feels the need to criticise me on this occassion other than it feeds his followers with more ammunition,bit sad really.

Am i missing something here? This is being done for charity for crying out loud - why would he cast you in such a bad light? Does Mr Roberts understand the work involved in organising such an event? This is very disapointing behaviour from somebody of Mr Roberts "stature".

Anyway, roll on the weekend - fishing and curry, it doesnt get any better!

No Fisky Feeders available on Friday or Saturday

Late breaking news !
Unfortunately I've just been informed that Rob Hilton can't make it now,he was bringing the FISKY FEEDERS so unfortunately those that were relying on them being available will need to find some big feeders elswhere before Friday,sorry he's only just told me:eek:
I'll bring some hair curlers and cows for those that are really struggling.

Late breaking news !
Unfortunately I've just been informed that Rob Hilton can't make it now,he was bringing the FISKY FEEDERS so unfortunately those that were relying on them being available will need to find some big feeders elswhere before Friday,sorry he's only just told me:eek:
I'll bring some hair curlers and cows for those that are really struggling.

Thats a shame i have a few feeders but may have too get a few more is there a shop near by where we can pick a few up ?

i've found out tonight at work ,i've got too work friday ( i'm peed off as i'd booked this friday till next friday off ) but one of the others ,the only guy besides me used qualified too use the equipment ,has very foughtfully gone and broke his leg ,when he was at football training .now i have too work friday .so i wont be there untill early sat ,and it'll be just the saturday for me now ,i wouldn't mind too much but i went out and brought a new airbed and sleeping bag and a electric pump for the bed ,i won't use now ,my stupid boss could of told me earlier i could of saved £30

if people get stuck for big feeders ,used tackle in hucknell sells them ,they're only about 20min drive away

Back