• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW Autumn Trent fish-in now booking

We used to fight over who could have the brown bits my Dad had left:D

Just heard we have a professional on board now to assist Mike with the catering,she does outside catering for film crews ,I think that makes 3 women coming now:D

I'm banking all the cheques received on Monday,if anyone else would like to come and hasn't sent a cheque yet they can bring cash when they come.

Finally got a cheque off to you Chris. Sorry its late. Looking forward to it!

Total received to date being banked today is a huge £515 which includes the food money,big thank you to all of you and look forward to meeting everyone at the weekend.
Please don't send anymore cheques if you want to come bring cash which I need anyway to pay the caterers;)

Thats good Chris , Looking forward to it is the bank we are fishing oppossite the village the a46 side just checking ?

Hi Gary,
I've put a Google map up somewhere on the thread,the access is from the lane just up fthe road rom the Post Office in Fiskerton village near Southwell in Nottinghamshire NOT Lincolnshire.

Steve,
Theres 2, one's Tony's bit up at the weir which you may have been to,this one is the downstream bit which you may have also been to with them on a B***W fish in:D
It's the 1st proper lane on the left once you have left the village after the Post Office.

Guys - what sort of rods/reels will be required? I'm a little worried a Greys 1.5t/c rod with 10lb line wont be beefy enough

Mark,
I'll be mostly using Peregrine 12 ft GTX's which I think are 1 1/2 with 12lb line which is fine,you might want to up your line strength a tad just in case.
bring loads of large feeders up to 6 oz and loads of smelly groundbait and pellets for night,maggots if you want to fish in the day i.e your not hung over and fast asleep.
If it's 6ft up you might have to fish in the edge but I think thats unlikely.
Don't worry if you get stuck for heavy leads I've got tons and with a bit of luck Rob Hilton is coming with some Fisky Feeders for sale.
Worse case scenario I'm sure we can fix you up with a rod and reel to fire some bait out to get you going.

Mark,
I'll be mostly using Peregrine 12 ft GTX's which I think are 1 1/2 with 12lb line which is fine,you might want to up your line strength a tad just in case.
bring loads of large feeders up to 6 oz and loads of smelly groundbait and pellets for night,maggots if you want to fish in the day i.e your not hung over and fast asleep.
Don't worry if you get stuck for heavy leads I've got tons and with a bit of luck Rob Hilton is coming with some Fisky Feeders for sale.
Worse case scenario I'm sure we can fix you up with a rod and reel to fire some bait out to get you going.

was going down to get some feeders too but will have some of your fisky feeders off you , cheers chris are going to prebait our swims lol ::D

I've only got the leads no spare feeders,I'm hoping Rob is coming for me to stock up too:eek:

I've got 2 Barbel Society R&C Auction prize winners on the stretch 2 days this week so hopefully they will give us some feedback on how it's fishing,I've put them in my peg so if all else fails my bits pre-baited:D

I remember that pub..... we met William Henry "Dusty" Hare MBE in there.... :D:cool:

Mark.... 3 1/2 lb TC rods, big pit reels and tones of boilies and pellets.... :p

Steve

Helpful as ever Mr Williams - was thinking i may have to bring my beach caster and tripod at this rate!! 6 ounce feeders? Lord above!!! ;)

Mark,

Thank you Chris - thats very kind of you.

Back