• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW Autumn Trent fish-in now booking

Hi Dave,I'm just beginning to wonder if this was seen as some sort of recruitment drive rather than the genuine offer to try and get some BFW'ers together on what is probably the most prolific stretch in the country.
Just feeling guilty if we do end up cancelling for the few that did commit.

Scuba's BFW fish-in on the Severn was a great laugh. We all had a good time, some of us meeting for the first time and going on to become good mates. Certainly there were a number of people there who have helped me on some of their local venues when I have been travelling about.

This will be the same only you will catch barbel. There is a waiting list to be able to night fish this venue. When it gets dark it switches on and most will catch, if there is any flood water in at all you will catch quite a few. It doesn't need much. The cold weather won't put them down yet.

A few more should come and have the craic and support a good cause. There will be a few regulars there to help you catch a few.

Come along lads you won't be disappointed.

Conrad

Dear Chris,

I'm sorry to see the turnout is not what you were hoping for, I'm sure everything will come together on the day and a fine time will be had by all.

<comments deleted - paul4>

All the best and as I said I'm sure it will be an excellent day for those who do attend.

Steve

In my experience, and anglers are probably the worst for it, people love to put there names down for anything but when push comes to shove and monies or help for something is required "something else" or some other **** pot excuse is usually trundled out!!
You always get the same faces supporting things be it fishing, commitee's at sporting, golf clubs etc!
Hope it's not cancelled as looking forward to it.

Best Regards

Wazzy

Steve,
<comments deleted - paul4>

Wazzy,
I hope not either just hopeful that some of the stragglers might get their cash out so I can make the donation I was expecting given the initial response.

Chris. A real shame.

This is the first one of those that I have either organised, like the BFW Severn Hampton Loade one, or promised to attend that circumstances means I can't. Apologies.

Despite whats been said, there's usually a great BFW turnout and always a laugh and sense of real banter and enjoyment on these events. Come on Guys...it'll be great.

Obviously add my payment to the pot.
Graham

Last edited:
Chris as one of the posters who originally posted an interest please accept my apologies. I was really looking forward to aattending but my boss kindly booked that weekend off and I just can't get a shore pass of she who must be obeyed. I hope you don't have to cancel and wish you the best with the fish-in

Is anyone, particularly the night syndicate members, going whatever else might happen?;) It'll be a damned shame to waste that lovely leave I booked months ago.:)

Hi Chris,

Apologies for my lack of contact, and commitment. Unfortunately my free time is much less free than I ever expected with our second little one's arrival so I can't come after all :(

I'll pop a cheque in the post for the charity pot.

Apologies again,

Andy F

Hi Andy,
That's a really kind offer but really not necessary if you can't make it.
Stuart,thanks for letting me know.
Chris,We'll sort someting out but really hopeful that we can get a better response.

Thanks Mark but that's hardly fair on you,I'm twisting the arms of a few mates we should be OK.
Some of you might know Steve Ralph he's coming and bringing 2 of his mates along.

Needs must mate:D
Gary,I think we're up to about 13 now have paid:eek:
Their the ones on the paid list plus 3 and about 3 roadies.
Conrad's twisting some arms:)

Last edited:
Trying to get my pass stamped for the Saturday day/ night, will let you know ASAP.

Trevor

Steve,
You may not have noticed but your Membership Prevention Officer certainly did as he was one of the 1st to post so no need for the clash really was there?
Wazzy,
I hope not either just hopeful that some of the stragglers might get their cash out so I can make the donation I was expecting given the initial response.

Chris....the organisation and date for the BS fish-in was down to me not anyone else.I had not realised or bothered to check dates as we had two to choose from and I went for the 2nd.Sorry but there it is.
I don't think that either fish-in will affect the other in the slightest.

Rich.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back