• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

best sunglass for barbel fishing

The Chairman on Sunday

Indeed. Dolf, my Head Keeper Yevgeny / Kevin's uncle (twice removed by covert assassination). Kevin keeps the family business alive and thriving (for ourselves, at least) here in The Hamsters, with us having seen not so much as one Mouthy Opinionated Bar-Room Bore Angling Celeb in several years. Bliss!

As ever,

B.B.

Oh dear. I see the no-talent, fish- and fame-hungry fashion victims in our number staggering about rivers looking like some RoboCop - Terminator - Universal Soldier hybrid...

1285941991-30927-0.jpg

For a minute there I thought that was Bob Calvert from Hawkwind....

urban guerrilla...lol

What I was alluding to earlier, tired as I was and still am of all the tedious, "Gimme Gimme", rude boy Camo Clones I have had to melt away across a meadow or into the trees or a patch of nettles in order to avoid over the past decade or so...

Last edited:
On a more serious note just noticed Snowbee are doing a yellow lens pair of glasses. I know they are new this year but anyone had any experience of the Snowbee glasses in the past? Spoke to a rep at the , unfortunately under attended, North East Angling Show who assured me they are polarised lenses.

On a more serious note just noticed Snowbee are doing a yellow lens pair of glasses. I know they are new this year but anyone had any experience of the Snowbee glasses in the past? Spoke to a rep at the , unfortunately under attended, North East Angling Show who assured me they are polarised lenses.
From the Snowbee website:

Prestige Sports Sunglasses
Our new range features lightweight nylon frames in Gunmetal Grey colour with TAC (Tri-Acetate Cellulose) lenses. This new material offers superb polarisation, coupled with outstanding optical clarity. The lenses are available in a choice of either Smoke – best for bright light conditions, Amber – best for lower-light conditions or Yellow – ideal for evening & night fishing, or under tree cover, due to their ‘light gathering’ properties. Complete with hard case and micro-fibre cleaning cloth.

Looks interesting. I've been keeping a lookout for some amber/yellow glasses so these might fit the bill. We need a guinea pig though ;)

Looks interesting. I've been keeping a lookout for some amber/yellow glasses so these might fit the bill. We need a guinea pig though ;)

Might thoughts exactly Andy. For £20 think I will take a punt come payday, I'll let you know how I get on with them, normally use ESP glasses but come evening time they are just too dark.

Those Snowbee glasses look really good, but i cant find a price or a dealer near me, is there a website where you can buy them direct?
I went for a walk on Sunday, and after 1/2 an hour saw my first Barbel about 5 foot out from the bank a good double too, with my esp sunglasses, i walked a little further and saw nothing else. On my way back it was still therewith its head between 2 rocks, i stamped on the ground above it, dropped a few pebbles near it, then after about 30 pebbles later it just moved a foot back downstream.
All i could thinkabout was if ever Otters got on this fine river, they would have no chance at all.....
Whereas Chub are very spooky

http://www.snowbee.co.uk/fly-fishing/sunglasses/

Try this link Jon there is a buy online option on the page. Also a function to search for local dealers.
I've not been out for a bankside walk yet but spotting hem inthe Tees is a little hard due to the natural brown tinge to the water. I suspect the fish would have moved a little quicker if it had picked a large movement up in the water.

Stu

I took the plunge and ordered two sets of the Snowbee sunglasses from Clives link to Uttings...I've got to say lads I'm impressed with Uttings service and also their carriers....'cos I ordered before 2:45pm yesterday they were despatched and have been delivered today...The carrier even gives an hour slot when they will deliver so no hanging around....as for the packing of the 'glasses....unbelievable, no fear of damage in transit....Highly recommend them [Uttings]...I'll be using the again for sure......As for the glasses, very comfortable to wear...I might get down the river tonight just to try them out for viewing...watch this space for part two of the review !!!!...:p

ps...thanks Clive....

Would like to reiterate Bills points above about Uttings Outdoors 10/10 for service and packaging and the Snowbee glasses are quite good as well. V Impressed:)

8-10hrs with shades on!

Could everyone take note if u wear shades 8-10hrs or more it doesnt matter how much they cost or what make they are,when u take them off ur not going to feel the same bfore u put them on.
All sunglasses will give u a headache if worn for realy long periouds of time fishing.

Back