• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

best sunglass for barbel fishing

my shimanos are pretty good, i think fishtec are selling off the tfg ones atm so you might get a bargain from there. i think as long as they're polarized lenses you can't go too wrong

Last edited:
In bright sunlight conditions are you better off with amber lenses for fish spotting???????? I seem to go for the brown lenses in summer they seem to be the best option for me not ending up with a headache at the end of the day:(

Hi men ,

ESP stalkers , brown lens , we have 2 in the car , 2 in the bag , cheap , and you can see the fish .

Hatter

Polarised clip-ons for £2.99 off ebay for anyone who has to wear glasses and doesn't want to go to the expense of buying prescription sunglasses. As John states, it certainly reduces the frequency of headaches:cool:

Blinded by the light

Ive got the ESP ones no problems at all ,but the other day tried a new pair on Bi-focul as well were very good ,then i seen who they were made by Grandeslam:eek:

If you need prescription lenses I can highly recommend the Optilabs range. Had mine for years now and they've definitely helped me catch more fish!

Cheers
Adam

just like to say thank you to everyone who took time
to reply to my question. i hope everyone has a better
season next year than last year. tight lines

I've got a pair of Optilabs which are good, though stupidly expensive! Replacement frames cost me 60 quid! Not happy with the customer service element as feel they stung me a second time round!

I've also got the ones we sell and side by side with the Optilabs, there's nothing in it! The Precision ones look better too:

https://barbel.co.uk/site/newshop/prod.php?c=Polarised Glasses

Back