• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Best lightweight umbrella?

Marcus I did a little review on the Korum graphite brolley which goes with me everywhere. I don’t know how light your looking to go but this is 2.5kg and definitely just a brolley for 1 man and a bag.

Here’s my take on it…… https://barbel.co.uk/forum/threads/korum-graphite-brolley.18107/
Korum graphite ?
I got old 1990s standard 45 inch green brolly weighs 1 half kilo only , or 3 half pounds. So so light come on korum get it right , if can make brolly 30 years ago that light surely we can in 2023 ????

I got a 45 inch standard umbrella from early 1990s weighs only 3 half pounds or 1 half kilo if they could make one that light then , surely they can make one in 2023 that light .

Tackle consultants take NOTE, there is demand for 45 inch featherweight standard brolly
Light aluminum poles on main upright would be good starting point , not heavy steel as seems be in most ??

Korum Supalite - my current river brolly of choice and I've got both the Fox & Drennan 45s! - only crap thing is the boss and thread that accepts the short inner section; its a bit soft and could be chewed by someome hamfisted - everything else is great (size and weight wise) and the short flat back spars are ideal for steeper banks / tighter swims . .

umbrella.JPG

Back