• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum graphite brolley

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
Just a little completely honest review on what is imo based on the last 8 months use, the absolute best 1 man brolley your money will buy.
bold statement I know but don’t worry I’m gonna back it up with reasons.

firstly it’s an extremely small brolley, 45”tops. When I say 1 man I mean it. Not 1 man and a weeks worth of shit.
you a bag and a bit of bait is about all it’s good for keeping under cover. So I’m not even gonna bother to compare it to these ovel peg outs because it ain’t that type of tool. It’s a spike in the floor type thing made a hell of a lot better still with storm poles when needed.
it’s an 8 spoke 1250mm spokes with a peaked front so you don’t get water pooling up on top
The very rear spoke is around 200mm shorter than the rest so you can have the back sitting flat on the floor which takes 3 pegs.
No daft wings to peg out and no bits or flaps or anything like that, it’s a brolley that you can literally squeeze into the tightest of swims because it doesn’t need pegging out all round. 1 peg in the back does it spot on for me.
I love the carbon rods. They are proper thick and strong at 7mm each. They ain’t some poxy 4mm chrome coated steel.
twist two position pole which I normally don’t rate but because it takes a couple of pegs it’s not an issue as it can’t spin on that thread.
Now I’ve crammed this thing into some interesting places, used it in conjunction with 38” storm poles in the middle of an absolute howler and carried its 2.5kg weight a fair few miles along the great Ouse and I absolutely love it.
I briefly saw the fox 45” super brolley afew weeks back and that looks really good
I like the fox high mechanism better but with flappy side wings and an odd shape to pack away and it’s a bigger 45” (Christ knows who measures these things) I’d chose the Korum graphite over the fox for the fishing I do.
any way. Just a very positive review for Korum on this one. They nailed it.
76703A08-34E0-401A-8401-89B37D838D69.jpeg
1446DD9F-2F41-4BD3-B333-083A172A88F1.jpeg
8B6057E0-9C36-4730-9151-030E23A29884.jpeg

There's a Korum 45 inch Supersteel but I can't find a 45 inch graphite Richard. Have they stopped doing them?
No they are actually a 50” rib (1250mm) however because of the radius in the ribs when open the actual coverage is less than most 45’s would offer if that makes sense. It doesn’t spread right wide like a lot of them there for it’s smaller even though it’s bigger

Just a little completely honest review on what is imo based on the last 8 months use, the absolute best 1 man brolley your money will buy.
bold statement I know but don’t worry I’m gonna back it up with reasons.

firstly it’s an extremely small brolley, 45”tops. When I say 1 man I mean it. Not 1 man and a weeks worth of shit.
you a bag and a bit of bait is about all it’s good for keeping under cover. So I’m not even gonna bother to compare it to these ovel peg outs because it ain’t that type of tool. It’s a spike in the floor type thing made a hell of a lot better still with storm poles when needed.
it’s an 8 spoke 1250mm spokes with a peaked front so you don’t get water pooling up on top
The very rear spoke is around 200mm shorter than the rest so you can have the back sitting flat on the floor which takes 3 pegs.
No daft wings to peg out and no bits or flaps or anything like that, it’s a brolley that you can literally squeeze into the tightest of swims because it doesn’t need pegging out all round. 1 peg in the back does it spot on for me.
I love the carbon rods. They are proper thick and strong at 7mm each. They ain’t some poxy 4mm chrome coated steel.
twist two position pole which I normally don’t rate but because it takes a couple of pegs it’s not an issue as it can’t spin on that thread.
Now I’ve crammed this thing into some interesting places, used it in conjunction with 38” storm poles in the middle of an absolute howler and carried its 2.5kg weight a fair few miles along the great Ouse and I absolutely love it.
I briefly saw the fox 45” super brolley afew weeks back and that looks really good
I like the fox high mechanism better but with flappy side wings and an odd shape to pack away and it’s a bigger 45” (Christ knows who measures these things) I’d chose the Korum graphite over the fox for the fishing I do.
any way. Just a very positive review for Korum on this one. They nailed it. View attachment 16087View attachment 16088View attachment 16089
Hi Richard, thanks for taking the time to post this review.
I think you have described the exact brolly that I am looking for! A couple of questions though, does it come with storm caps, and can you remove the centre brolly pole?
Cheers Paul

Hi Richard, thanks for taking the time to post this review.
I think you have described the exact brolly that I am looking for! A couple of questions though, does it come with storm caps, and can you remove the centre brolly pole?
Cheers Paul
No and No I’m afraid Paul.
I fitted my own storm pole adapters which also meant drilling them out to 7.5mm
Center pole is fixed in place with the typical 2 positions.

Thanks Richard, I thought it may be something along those lines!
Cheers
Paul
I recently bought the Korum Graphite Brolly/Shelter which is the same but has side panels and does come with storm caps already fitted although I moved them up one place which is a vast improvement. It is a great bit of kit and the side panels allow for much more protection of you and your gear ;)

I have the old (about a dozen years) Korum lightweight - and the centre pole can be removed. I wonder why they didn't keep that feature.

I have the old (about a dozen years) Korum lightweight - and the centre pole can be removed. I wonder why they didn't keep that feature.
I know right!!! Much better idea to take it right out and support it on the storm poles.
I still absolutely love this brolley mind.

I’m in progress of repairing a second spare one I picked up for 10 quid the other week. Guy had managed to crush one of the carbon ribs some how on its first outing. Gutted!!! Looks like it had been driven over just on that one rib. Completely wrecked it.
So I’ve removed the broken rib which was a total pain in the arse to get out and got a brand new 7mm solid carbon rod on the way.
Be good as new when done and a nice spare to keep.

Back