• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BAA Guide to Waters 2012 Cover Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they are trying to attract a different type of member lol ..

Ya mean a woman that actually enjoys barbel fishing......and has done fa years

Heres a pic of her with a PB of 12lb 13oz, caught on the trent in oct last year on a very foggy night.....just incase ya think she can only catch the small ones :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Without sounding to offensive, she's not upto much is she?

Lee,she says,looking at your pic.....she can only presume your refering to the barbel:rolleyes::D

I was trying to find a way of saying that myself:D

Living in Wales Mark.....you most likely prefer your ladies with a little more wool ;):D

Must be wonderful to have a partner who shares your passion for angling, unfortunately mine is quite the opposite. There is also the myth, or is it?, that ladies are more successful due to there natural phermones being an attractant.

Hi men,

Stu , I'm very lucky . Often it's Sue who looks out the window and says lets go !. She was chub / barbel fishing for a decade while I sat on lakes carping . Things changed slowly untill we spent the weekend stalking barbel . I had a week in France booked for us on a cracking carp water , but turned it down for a week in a cottage in the middle of Worcestershire !!!. Pukka times .

Hatter

Living in Wales Mark.....you most likely prefer your ladies with a little more wool ;):D[/QUOTE]

The old ones are always the best:rolleyes::D

Must be wonderful to have a partner who shares your passion for angling, unfortunately mine is quite the opposite. There is also the myth, or is it?, that ladies are more successful due to there natural phermones being an attractant.

Hiya Stuart, Lynn would definitely say myth. We were on at H/Loade 3 weeks ago, sat no more than 10ft apart,I had 3, she blanked :D

On a more serious note and I'm not looking to get into a slanging match with anyone, there is some very strange reply's to this thread.

Do you think they are trying to attract a different type of member lol ..

No, judging by the BAA members I know exactly the same.

thats put me off fishing there waters . Think Steve in same top would sell more books

Think you mean their waters Dean

So........how inappropriate do you think the photo is for the front cover of the guide book?

Lynn actually sent in the picture for a laugh and we certainly never expected them to use it,but when we were told she'd won we were both quite amused,now I'm not so sure.

And for the record,I've just asked her if she regrets sending the photo in,her reply " no......but i regret not doing my hair first"

typical woman :rolleyes: :D

I sometimes get criticised for some of my comments on these boards...and yes, I admit my passion for my hobby (and an 'individual' sense of humour :p) at times leads me down paths where I should not have ventured.

However, compared to some of the members comments on this thread....no, sorry, I will say no more.

Dave.

On a more serious note and I'm not looking to get into a slanging match with anyone, there is some very strange reply's to this thread.

No, judging by the BAA members I know exactly the same.

A quip in reply to Garry Manders' previous post to mine implying that BAA members (...and I am one and have been for years) are the kind who might enjoy looking at Lynn's cover shot rather more than might normally be considered healthy. Of course, that's not the case as we'd be too busy furtively inspecting centre page photos of Des Taylor.

Just a joke... :).

Last edited:
I sometimes get criticised for some of my comments on these boards...and yes, I admit my passion for my hobby (and an 'individual' sense of humour :p) at times leads me down paths where I should not have ventured.

However, compared to some of the members comments on this thread....no, sorry, I will say no more.

Dave.

Agreed

Let the blokes take the p1$$ out of each other, but please leave the fairer sex out of it, makes us look like a bunch of Neathandals.

The only way out of this mess for those that made those ungentlemanly comments would be to grovel for forgiveness.

Go on then...........

Hiya Stuart, Lynn would definitely say myth. We were on at H/Loade 3 weeks ago, sat no more than 10ft apart,I had 3, she blanked :D

Think you mean their waters Dean

So........how inappropriate do you think the photo is for the front cover of the guide book?

Lynn actually sent in the picture for a laugh and we certainly never expected them to use it,but when we were told she'd won we were both quite amused,now I'm not so sure.

And for the record,I've just asked her if she regrets sending the photo in,her reply " no......but i regret not doing my hair first"

typical woman :rolleyes: :D

It's a great addition to what is probably a very mundane publication, but I have never bought their map book, but I must say I reckon it's a bare faced commercially driven move by BAA to increase sells.
I do hope that Lynn has negotiated a reasonable fee.

errr two free membership at the very least I would have thought :)

A quip in reply to Garry Manders' previous post to mine implying that BAA members (...and I am one and have been for years) are the kind who might enjoy looking at Lynn's cover shot rather more than might normally be considered healthy. Of course, that's not the case as we'd be too busy furtively inspecting centre page photos of Des Taylor.

Just a joke... :).

Hello Will, thank you for the explanation. We both read it in a different context, took it as an insult and went on the defensive. :eek:

Suppose that's the problem with forums and one liners,they can be read in more than one way :confused:

Agreed

Let the blokes take the p1$$ out of each other, but please leave the fairer sex out of it, makes us look like a bunch of Neathandals.

The only way out of this mess for those that made those ungentlemanly comments would be to grovel for forgiveness.

Go on then...........

Hiya Neil, TBH I don't think anyone needs to grovel for forgiveness lol,but an explanation to some of the things said would be good.
People are entitled to their opinion and its expected on an open forum, but cheers anyway :)

As for her being the fairer sex,obviously she is :D,but thought I'd add that she goes to the gym 4/5 times a week and shoots clays,quite well i might add :rolleyes:, with a group of us blokes that really know how to take the **** out of each other :D

It's a great addition to what is probably a very mundane publication, but I have never bought their map book, but I must say I reckon it's a bare faced commercially driven move by BAA to increase sells.
)

Yes, I think I agree,but I suppose Lynn can only take that as a compliment from the BAA, what ever anyone else thinks.

I do hope that Lynn has negotiated a reasonable fee.

errr two free membership at the very least I would have thought :)

We have been given free joint membership for this year and have been told that we'll get it free next year too :D

Oh and a free guide booklet :rolleyes: :D

Yes, I think I agree,but I suppose Lynn can only take that as a compliment from the BAA, what ever anyone else thinks.

We have been given free joint membership for this year and have been told that we'll get it free next year too :D

You get free joints with your membership :eek:

Ahh...no, there's a speck on my screen which I thought was a comma :D

Cheers, Dave.

Agreed

Go on then...........

Oh come on! They're only women! You'll be saying they should be allowed to vote next!!

Right good on you, actually, I have a few pics of a next door (literally) bikini clad girl photo shoot I helped take for my son's college work, taken last May at BAA Broadwas.:cool:
Do you think I could negotiate a lifetime membership? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back