• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Are you ONLY a barbel fisherman, or do you turn your hand to other species too?

Suzuki X7 250cc twin with a red line of around 8500 rpm was about as refined as two strokes got, you would never call it smooth but it was exhilarating.

Mainly Barbel for me when i get the chance which is not often nowadays as i'm too busy riding me Triumph. Most of my spare time is now spent on rallies and other Biker do's. I'm a Rep for MAG (Motorcycle Action Group) which has really got in the way of my fishing recently, something i'm gonna reverse in the new year... gotta figure out a way of carrying me tackle on me bike.

Ian, it might help if we kept to the point of discussing fishing. There are other forums more suited to motorcycling. Not that I have anything against motor cyles, as long as they are proper ones. The Sinclair C15 was a fine bike but a little too low to the ground for my liking. Bantams were nice little bikes for learners. I owned an old 70s Trident, great bike and a K75 - didn't like it. As for 2 strokes, if you like tinkering fine, if you want reliability, forget them. As for carrying tackle, I have seen bike trailers. In the good old days it would have been a sidecar.

never grown up!

X7 had one myself in 1977 had it beckett tuned ,like sh it of a shovel so i thought then a water bottle and my biggest mistake was getting shut of a orance jota that was the mostly not running due to quality wiring,loads inbetween and after ,now on a z 1000 but realising to old for it will get a buell in the spring:D

Ian, it might help if we kept to the point of discussing fishing. There are other forums more suited to motorcycling. Not that I have anything against motor cyles, as long as they are proper ones. The Sinclair C15 was a fine bike but a little too low to the ground for my liking. Bantams were nice little bikes for learners. I owned an old 70s Trident, great bike and a K75 - didn't like it. As for 2 strokes, if you like tinkering fine, if you want reliability, forget them. As for carrying tackle, I have seen bike trailers. In the good old days it would have been a sidecar.

Ooh err, that's me told.

Note to self: Do not send threads off topic even if others have already done so and you are just joining in.

'Proper ones'... would a Triumph Bonneville qualify? As for trailers or sidecars - no thanks, may as well just use the car.

A fishing pal of mine in Brixham has a a box system for his rods/tackle which he attaches to his Hyabusa, he's going to look at doing one for the Bonnie for me. (still fishing related i believe) :)

Right - tattoos, i've got em has anybody else?:p

Back