• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Anything better than skee-tex boots?

if your roving then any type of thermal boot is fine! I have the muckboot sport and if im sat still for an hour my feet go very cold. The skeetex moonboots are designed to keep you warm whilst stationery!

if your roving then any type of thermal boot is fine! I have the muckboot sport and if im sat still for an hour my feet go very cold. The skeetex moonboots are designed to keep you warm whilst stationery!
After an hour! I suffer from cold feet even in the summer but it still takes a lot more than an hour for my feet to go cold and I only have the Tays not the Tay Sports — and that's sitting motionless in the snow.

You may need to look at what else you are wearing. If your torso is getting cold, the body will focus on keeping your vital organs warm, so your hands and feet get cold. If your feet are getting cold quickly, it's often a sign that you're losing heat elsewhere so look at your clothing.

A proper thermal hat (e.g. Thinsulateâ„¢) makes a huge difference, not a baseball cap or cheap beanie. The other thing of course is socks, some decent breathable thermal socks will help a lot, such as technical walking socks or ski socks (if your feet sweat and get damp they will get cold). And I have tried the piece of cardboard and it does work :)

Got to agree with Hurgen, I have Tay Sports and get cold feet if not mobile but it does take a bit more than an hour. I use decent gear, brasher socks, thinsulate hats and mid layers etc so its not a cold torso issue.
I think there are varying degrees of cold feet suffering, so what works for one person who claims to suffer from cold feet is useless for another, thats why I am very wary boot recommendations.
For my own part I have stuck with Tay Sports, I have quite a walk to the bankside and moonboots would kill. If I feel that my feet are getting cold I get up and have a proper walk about and this seems warm things up a bit. I also rest my feet on my unhooking mat when possible.
If your fishing out the back of the car or very close then moonboots ( sundridge or skeetex) really are the best I have found so far.

Fred

Back