• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Anything better than skee-tex boots?

Bit awkward when your wading though Dan :D Perhaps we need a best cardboard thread ...

My dear Mike, you must of posted on the wrong thread, the 10% Wader thread has been moved I presume?

Best Cardboard, hmmmm I am fond of the corregated style, the trapped air pockets add more insulation to ones tootsies when fishing over frozen ground ;)

Another vote for Tay Sport, but I saw somewhere recently that had been taken over and these may be discontinued and i cant see them on their website :(

another vote for the Grub boots - managed to find a pair of Snowlines and they are everything i hoped they would be (so far...)

Muckboots Tay sports get a vote from me as well....they keep my feet warm 90% of the time..................

Help needed. I have been wearing sealskinz in my neoprene boots but whilst they keep my feet wonderfully dry, the perspiration they wick to the outer sock gets very cold during freezing conditions. How do the boots everyone's championing overcome this problem? I could see breathable boots working, but the suggested boots don't seem to have this property.

Have tried 3 different pair of muck boots, the best being Taysport. They are certainly easier to walk in then skeetex but IMO, nowhere near as warm. Muck boots may be good for wandering or if you dont suffer with as bad a circulaition as I do :-(

i treated myself to a pair of furlined rigger boots and although not totally waterproof theyre as warm as toast and less than £30:)

Muck boot Spey's for me..................... superb all round

Stephen,

10% of the time my feet are cold during the journey from my bivvie to the rods when I cant be bothered to put the boots on..............

Richard, could you not move your tent a bit closer to your rods and have a quick trip, rather than a journey, to your rods;):D

Stephen

Apologies to Jamie for journeying off topic slightly

On the subject of sealskinz socks,I thought they were for use with boots that are not totally waterproof.More for keeping your feet dry than warm.The only time I use mine is when motorcycling in heavy rain.

Pete.

Back