• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Albright Knot For Fluoro/Braid Combi Links...

I was always taught not to moisten the Albright Knot, dont know why though. Interesting thread and amazing how one knot can bring many permutations and associated problems.

Jon,

I was watching one of the tuition videos and it said not to moisten, thats why i asked if this knot should be moistened...

I was also taught to go through the loop at the end the same way it went in? then on quest baits photogram they finish it the opposite way. I must say i have tried every perm of this knot and one of those will be successful with any braid/mono or fluoro. So if i say wet it, go 6 up and 3 down and finish this way not that way, it probably wont suit you. I must have spent half a day finding out which way with one concoction only to introduce a different line and it all go wrong. Basically what i am saying is if you do your own groundwork and experimentation, you should be onto a winner.

Good luck

Hi Julian,

I hope that you have a good supply of that gamma fluoro???

I always give it a good test first, before casting in, had it come undone a couple of times when testing it, never sussed out why.:confused:

Also test it before you cut the tags, as sometimes it can slip.

Experienced the same problem myself with the knot slipping when testing it, that's why I switched to the back-to-back Grinner, never had that slip.

Hi Julian,

Yes the makers of gamma have pulled out of the making of fishing line :eek:

Julian,

Get a stock from the BFW shop.....

I use that when tying two lines together or mono to mono hooklinks when float fishing.

Chris I use the albright knot, 6 turns up, 6 down, with fluro and braid. It does have a habit sometimes of slipping more when tightening than mono does, but once it's tight it stays there.

I just tied the double uni knot a few times for by mono backing to braid mainline. Seems pretty simple to tie and survives a good pull without slipping or failure.

Stephen

The uni knot and the grinner knot are one and the same thing, so the double uni suggested here is identical to the double grinner suggested earlier in the thread...not sure (dreadful pun) why this 2010 thread was resurrected though :D

Cheers, Dave.

Back