• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

6th Annual Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge

There speaketh a man who knows .. Re cost for the Ousemeister session tomorrow . The cost of the day ticket is £5 + there is a £30 booking fee for the stretch so dig deep in your piggy banks as you each need to give me £7.50 tomorrow . Thanks .

how much

thanks for the telling me the cost in advance that leaves me with £2.50 out of my £10.00 pocket money the wife has given me after last weekend. its a hard choice 2 of wigans finest pies for my afternoon snack or 1 pint for the night :D
looking forward to meeting everybody see you tomorrow
gaz:D

thanks for the telling me the cost in advance that leaves me with £2.50 out of my £10.00 pocket money the wife has given me after last weekend. its a hard choice 2 of wigans finest pies for my afternoon snack or 1 pint for the night :D
looking forward to meeting everybody see you tomorrow
gaz:D

:D:D:D:D You should'nt have spent the next three months spends last week down at villa;)
Looking forward to tomorrow lads, hopefully be a good day, good luck to everyone;)

conditions update

Mother Ouse is currently 2 foot + on normal summer level and appears to be inching down , good colour so looks reasonably promising . Tip for those who are eating in the Black Horse Tollerton after the fishing . For some reason best known to themselves the owners only accept cash payment for food , and indeed drink , so leave your AMEX and Diners card at home . See you all tomorrow

Could we have actually stumbled on some Ruufe-tastic conditions for a change??? Could this be a beano year??? :)

Thanks for the experience yesterday lads:eek: it was certainly an eye opener seeing how different rivers perform. Just proves we are spoilt on the Ribble. Nice day out tho and a good social later. Good to see that the 6th Barbel challenge kept up its consistency with one more barbel caught:eek:
Nice stretch of river tho lads, will definately come back;) good food in pub later aswel:D

thanks mike for a great day out was happy with my 2 fish and the chub went 4lb 7oz .
now we know were you are looking forward to next year
thanks for a great day out to all who took part will be back just for the t bone steak i had after the fish in
gaz

Many thanks to mike for his organising of this.Even the autumnal drizzle and a lack of fish activity couldn't dampen the spirits.Well done to Steve for saving our communal blushes by winkling a splasher out.Nice to see a few new faces making the trip over the pennines.As per usual a good time was had by all in the black horse afterwards.Hope to see you all again next year.

Well old Mother Ouse proved as challenging as ever for our 6th annual Ousemeister get together . The river looked great and spirits were high amongst the 11 anglers who attended .It was great to see some new faces , particulary Paul and Gary who had travelled over the big hills from Ribbleshire despite not knowing where the local pie shops were , brave men indeed . As Mike remarks it was a dank old day and fish were at a premium , however Pike , chub and an eel put in an appearance to liven things up . The winner however was local man Steve Fisher who showed the way with a nice little 3lb barbel , very well done to Steve , the Ousemeister trophy goes to a new mantlepiece for 2011 . Good fun was had by all in the Black Horse and the food and ale went down well after a long soggy day on the bank . Thanks to Newton on Ouse AC for allowing us access to the stretch . Hopefully see you all in 2012

I'd echo Mikes J's comments in thanking Mike H for organising the outing. As always, it's a great day out, certainly an outing to look forward to on the calendar!

I'm just kicking myself that I didn't have more of a go at the Tommy trophy considering my luck was in!

Cheers

Steve

Gutted I couldnt make it Mike, can you please avoid that weekend in future as it coincides with my wedding anniversary..........

hi all,
i would like to add my thanks to mike for organising this event, and although fish were few and far it's something i always look forward to, nice to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones.
i'll have to stay longer next year, i seem to miss half the fun!
cheers, leon

Back