• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

6th Annual Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge

Mike has asked me to post directions to the meet point, and to the post-match pub.

We will be meeting here in the car park behind the Blacksmiths Arms, Newton-on-Ouse and eating + drinking here, at the Black Horse, Tollerton.

R.

Thanks for putting the directions up Robin :). We will meet up , not in the pub car park itself but on the grass verge [ fishery parking area] on the back lane opposite the entry to the pub car park . If folks can arrive for 12 midday Saturday the 8th of October , we can then draw our swims , and walk down to the river . It is approximately 5 mins walk to the entry to the stretch , the furthest extremity of the water is approx 10 minutes further walk . We will fish 1pm till 7 pm then retire to the pub in Tollerton for food / drinks/ tall tales etc . We now have 12 people who have said they are coming , if anyone else wants to attend you have till midnight tonight to let me know , then I will close entries . If people want to eat afterwards can they let me knowa.s.a.p. so I can forewarn the pub as to how many to expect / tables required etc . Look forward to meeting you all .

Should be good for fishing on saturday with all this rain:D:D

That's what you get for living in Manchester Paul - rain! Had a day over in York today and the Ouse looked about normal and fairly clear. Lashing it down over our way when i left this morning, same when i got back - not so over in sunny Yorkshire!

That's what you get for living in Manchester Paul - rain! Had a day over in York today and the Ouse looked about normal and fairly clear. Lashing it down over our way when i left this morning, same when i got back - not so over in sunny Yorkshire!

:mad::eek::eek::eek: Thats what you call sods law Andy:mad: Wanting a bit of rain for saturday and we get it everywhere barring where we want it:mad: Ah well, a bad days fishing is better than a good days work:D Lashing down all day today along with some hail stone and now its thundering like hell:(

Update : So far we have ,

Mike Joyce [ Fish , food and ale ]
Robin Bowes [ Fish , food and ale ]
Ken Jones [ Fish , food and ale ]
Steve Fisher [ Fish , food and ale ]
Leon Dodds [ Fish and ale ]
Mike Lowrence [ Fish , food and ale ]
Paul Hamer [ Fish , food ,ale and by the sounds of it more ale !]
Gary Wagstaff [ Ditto]
Peter Jones [ to confirm ]
Jonny Sharkbait [ to confirm ]
Patrick Hodgkiss[ Fish , food and ale , all of which I'll probably have to pay for !]
Spiros Papaglimis [ Fish , food and ale ]

I think that's everyone , if I have missed off anyone apologies , just get in touch via E mail .I will post a conditions update Friday evening . I predict fresh but cold water .. I f anyone gets lost on the way just ring me on 07882015618 . See you all Saturday

Last edited:
3ft in Lads and more coming,even if it drops it should have some colour in.
Hope its not the wrong rain ?
Paul .Nun Monkton is about a mile downstream and NSL is about.36.

Cheers Ken;) looking forward to it:D
Mike I wish I could have a few drinks but unfortunately it will be Gaz:mad: I'll be driving:eek:

Back