• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Garlic spam at sainsburys

I can only endorse the suggestion that it works well on the Yorkshire Ouse rivers (Swale for me) and the Trent in my experience. However, judging by my experience with a particular boilie, which works very well on the Swale but is decidedly average on the Trent, there's every chance that it won't work on every river.

6 tins from my local.

Seems to be a big hit for the barbel, I always go with 5 or six different baits, on the Trent I have one particular bait up my sleeve which works far better than others.

Then I apologise to Pip McGuire without reservation. I thought that he was hoarding all the stuff.

Conrad

concrete limited addition means its not around forever
therefor buy it while you can
i will hopfully be barbel fishing for as long as i can hold a rod
toodle pip
old boy

concrete limited addition means its not around forever therefor buy it while you can

That's exactly what they said last time round.;):D
I've got a sneaking suspicion they've worked out exactly what is going on with garlic Spam by now. They'll be lucky if one in ten tins in the UK see the inside of a frying pan or a grill.

That's exactly what they said last time round.;):D
I've got a sneaking suspicion they've worked out exactly what is going on with garlic Spam by now. They'll be lucky if one in ten tins in the UK see the inside of a frying pan or a grill.

Then the non angling public owe us a huge debt of grattitude :)

get real

whats it with garlic spam do use it an eel baits cause that all you will catch over here they love it
mark gaskell fell for that one he got loads in hes shed, lurky his son likes it on his buttys for work :D

Then the non angling public owe us a huge debt of grattitude :)

After trying the stuff myself once, I suspect that you are absolutely right.:eek:

whats it with garlic spam do use it an eel baits cause that all you will catch over here they love it
mark gaskell fell for that one he got loads in hes shed, lurky his son likes it on his buttys for work :D

Does he know that it was selling on ebay for about a fiver a tin at one point?

garlic oil over spam does same thing - not sure why you can't mix it yourself. Better still make some danish blue based cheesepaste dyed red

garlic oil over spam does same thing - not sure why you can't mix it yourself.

I keep seeing this suggestion but why bother? Spam + garlic oil is more expensive than Garlic Spam. It also involves a bit of preparation time and you'll never infuse the oil right through the meat in the same way as it is from the tin.
I'm sticking with Garlic Spam for as long as my supply lasts or it costs the same as standard Spam.

I keep seeing this suggestion but why bother? Spam + garlic oil is more expensive than Garlic Spam. It also involves a bit of preparation time and you'll never infuse the oil right through the meat in the same way as it is from the tin.
I'm sticking with Garlic Spam for as long as my supply lasts or it costs the same as standard Spam.

but not as cheap as tinned meat from the pound shop, flavoured a tad..... why be limited to garlic ;)

Yup Wiltshire Chippenham Sainsburys ran out got 6 tins in Melksham so must be Country wide....
And its not called Stinky garlic Spam just Spam with garlic.

I have to say the ' new ' Garlic Spam doesn't seem to smell quite as potent as the original stuff made to coincide with the Monty Python stage show , however this might be down to the fact that my few remaining original tins are well past their consume by date .The ingredients as listed on the tin are exactly the same for both versions . Barbel eat both new and old with equal relish :D

Back