• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing officially permitted

'.....and only fish locally within the district where you live'

I'm assuming that locally in this instance means within the boundaries of the local authority you live in?

'.....and only fish locally within the district where you live'

I'm assuming that locally in this instance means within the boundaries of the local authority you live in?
I’ve heard that the canal and river trust are suggesting a 5 mile radius on their waters so it could be a very very local one if it becomes the radius they decide to enforce.

It’s a good point, but I don’t know how much it’s the fishing clubs’ responsibility to police their waters for people breaking the rules.

Koo
It’s a good point, but I don’t know how much it’s the fishing clubs’ responsibility to police their waters for people breaking the rules.
It’s down to everyone to police it and fish by it.

We have been given a little life line with some strings attached but I for one am very greatful. I hope people don’t take the piss with it cos the last thing we need is the ban being put back on and people blaming anglers for getting a little extra length of cord for any further spread.
my advice to everyone Would be don’t take the piss with this!!!!!
Join a local lake or something to keep you close to home. I’ve only got the one option within a few miles but it’s an option and I’m greatful to have it.
There are some waters that still chose to remain closed despite the recent developments so we are not just at the mercy of the government here and if the clubs that are open think they are getting people pushing the boundaries, they’ll soon respond with a padlock.

Walked to the river and made the most of the release. 19.11 and about 9lb
20210107_142849.jpg

20210107_160635.jpg

Not sure what the golfers will make of this move by the Govt. Arguably, an 18 hole round of golf is far more exercise than most anglers achieve - particularly those with their car parked next to the swim they are fishing - and I can see a major backlash coming, particularly if some interpret local as being anywhere in England...

I think it would be capricious to believe that all anglers will abide by the local restriction and this will all end in tears with the AT’s sterling efforts on behalf of anglers being undone by those idiots who feel they can travel long distances for their fishing....

Dave

For me it won't make any difference, my nearest "local" river happens to be in Wales, travelling to the Severn at Shrewsbury is 25 miles, which I consider to be beyond the intent of the lockdown rules and my local canal towpath is so full of walkers, etc that it's not Covid safe!

Back