• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel framed print - john searl - rare - ltd - edtion -

Mark Ebert

JOHN SEARL ,BARBEL- RARE, LARGE FRAMED/DOUBLE MOUNTED LTD-EDITION PRINT , SIGNED BY JOHN , NUMBERED 67 OF 100, INCLUDES A FABULOUS ORIGINAL PENCILED REMARK OF NETTED BARBEL. WONDERFUL CREATION , ONE OF HIS BEST WORKS, AND WAS A PIECE THAT WAS PARTICULARLY APPRECIATED BY THE ARTIST HIMSELF........

" JUST £395 "...... Tel - 07576134049 .. THANKS FOR VIEWING, ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK........

ALSO AVAILABLE IF ANYONES INTERESTED, I HAVE THE STUNNING, AVON ROACH-3LB 8OZ, " PROPER FISH " THIS ONE! £325 ...........

Last edited:
Hi Neil, this was how the picture was created it doesn't endorse the use of not using a mat, and would of looked pretty dole if it was depicted on one.

All of John's pieces are done this way as it looks far more natural and enhances
the detail in the picture, this was what John's pic's were all about.

Sorry if it's not appreciated by all in this way.........

Regards Mark..........

Last edited:
The images of the print you are viewing are photographs of the print which is mounted behind glass.

From here you look like you have several white line across your back, and I don't think you were ever in it to start with.

Note; Please do read the text as it states this clearly, please be advised this example is in it's original perfect condition.

Regards Mark.........

Mark, this forum is not a market place, it is a place for like minded people to discuss fishing, in particular barbel fishing. Most forums do not allow you to sell before having contributed. No one knows you from Adam. I think you have missed the irony in other posts so far!!

This is a limited edition of 100 , that means only 100 will ever be produced. The word " LIMITED " is clearly contained within the text on the picture.

For there to be anymore it needs to be an open edition. Sadly as John Searl -RIP - is no longer with us there won't be anymore version of any description for us to appreciate.

If there were only 100 Barbel in the world would you not deem them" Ultra rare ".

Have made a lot of contributions regards this piece now.

Have what ever opinion you wish, I just wish John was still with us so I could pass it back for someone worthy to gain it.

Regards...........

Hi Ian, thanks for you comment, may be a bit of irony going on here which could be missed. Please do appreciate the Adam thing goes both ways though.

Noticed you had a classified/ market place section, and you being designated to Barbel thought what better place to make this piece available.

Sincerely appreciate all your help and most fellow anglers, I'm sure I could contribute to much on here, though your making it sound very clicky.

Kind regards..............

This is a limited edition of 100 , that means only 100 will ever be produced. The word " LIMITED " is clearly contained within the text on the picture.

For there to be anymore it needs to be an open edition. Sadly as John Searl -RIP - is no longer with us there won't be anymore version of any description for us to appreciate.

If there were only 100 Barbel in the world would you not deem them" Ultra rare ".

Have made a lot of contributions regards this piece now.

Have what ever opinion you wish, I just wish John was still with us so I could pass it back for someone worthy to gain it.

Regards...........

Mark, if you feel that strongly about the piece and the man that created the original then why don't you just keep it for yourself (unless you need the money for a new keyboard which I can sympathise with as you seem to have a problem with the full stop key. Either that or you are just a bit forgetful, again something I can sympathise with).

Also Mark, based on your last point, if I pass a worthiness test would I be able to take ownership of the piece for free? If so, is there an application form to complete? Otherwise I assume that the possession of cold hard cash would be deemed a sufficiently worthy personal attribute.

Mark with all due respect, you may not find the most welcome responses in relation to your contributions so far and that has nothing to do with Adam or the existence of cliques. It's down to the observation that Ian Crook makes. You must admit that optically, this looks like you have become a member simply to gain access to a specific group of people to further a desire to sell something. That will agitate many folk who view the forum as a great deal more than that and wish to preserve it as such.

Mark, if you feel that strongly about the piece and the man that created the original then why don't you just keep it for yourself (unless you need the money for a new keyboard which I can sympathise with as you seem to have a problem with the full stop key. Either that or you are just a bit forgetful, again something I can sympathise with).

Also Mark, based on your last point, if I pass a worthiness test would I be able to take ownership of the piece for free? If so, is there an application form to complete? Otherwise I assume that the possession of cold hard cash would be deemed a sufficiently worthy personal attribute.

Mark with all due respect, you may not find the most welcome responses in relation to your contributions so far and that has nothing to do with Adam or the existence of cliques. It's down to the observation that Ian Crook makes. You must admit that optically, this looks like you have become a member simply to gain access to a specific group of people to further a desire to sell something. That will agitate many folk who view the forum as a great deal more than that and wish to preserve it as such.

Hi Howard, thanks for all the points you have raised here and really do appreciate your contribution as a senior member. This item in question is infact a double I have after aquiring a set of these pieces, otherwise it definitely would not be available.

Believe it or not I have recently given away several of John's valued pieces for " free " to what I deemed to be worthy owners, these inc - the Bishop - Chris Yates, Claissa - Dick Walker , and the Avon Roach. Honestly if you were a friend and I thought you worthy it's highly likely this would go your way too, this means a lot to me.

I am sorry I seemed to have annoyed you with all those full stops.........
I genuinely thought this item would go appreciated on here, and anyone who thinks it's all about the "cash " has got me totally wrong !

If you really understood truly what I am all about, you would be thinking very differently. I find it very difficult to appreciate there not being one positive comment on here regards my listing, ie what a wonderful piece I wish I had a spare £400. And are you really so bias because im new to the forum. If so why not clearly state please do not make any Classifieds until perhaps 6 months or so.

As a senior member and with all you valued commitment if you do not appreciate what I have clearly failed to do here, please do remove me from the site. How sad though.

Sincere regards to all, and tightlines.

Thanks Mark and it's certainly not my place to remove you from the forum and I would not wish to do so anyway. My aim was a simple one-to share a thought as to why you might not be getting the most positive of responses (as highlighted by Ian's post). If eveyone used the forum simply as a route to market then, well, it wouldn't be a forum it would be, well, exchange and mart or eBay perhaps.

The rest-well that's just Monday morning banter.

All the best.

Thank you for the clarification Neil. It sounds a bit like 'Animal Farm' where all animals are equal, but some 'special' animals are 'more' equal than others - frightening.

Welcome Mark.....

To be honest, I'm not 'comfortable' with the questioning of someones post in the classified section, whether that be questioning their price, or the fact that they haven't posted before.....

There is nothing in the rules that says a poster can't come on and 'sell' something on their first post.
It's probably not ideal for the forum, but at the end of the day there are no rules been broken.

If Mark or anyone else want to come on and post items for sale, then until there is a rule that says they cant, I don't see a problem....

It does come across and a bit of a 'clique'....

Oh and I use lots of ....... Mark, so don't let that put you off......

Steve

I'm Spartacus!

For all the reasons given above, I and other members do tend to be rather wary of newbies selling gifts. I can understand everyone's sentiments, but it's a shame that it comes across the way it does. However....this is precisely where such a print should be being made available! If we are not barbel lovers in some shape or form, why are we on the site in the first place? Whilst artworks may not be everybody's cup of tea, wouldn't it have been nice to see it bought my one of our members who then eulogised about how they'd been after the very same for years? Better it went to someone who really wanted it rather than A.N.Other who had the cash to splash....just to cover a gap on a wall.

Last edited:
Back