• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flask?

Steve Sorrell

Just noticed that the top of my thermos is missing, no doubt left on the banks of the lovely river Blackwater i fished at the weekend.
Anyone have opinions of a good replacement? I only use it for boiling water and then add tea/sugar etc.

Is good ols thermos best???

sorry guys,

IMHO. its another thread thats a complete load of tosh ! just go to the supermarket and buy another flask. :confused:

Its like asking whats the best thing to wipe your backside on after youve had a poo.!!

Steve, as a senior member you should know better.

utterly pointless

BSC

Last edited:
sorry guys,

IMHO. its another thread thats a complete load of tosh ! just go to the supermarket and buy another flask. :confused:

Its like asking whats the best thing to wipe your backside on after youve had a poo.!!

utterly pointless

BSC

I find Dock leaves the best a** wipe tbh..

sorry guys,

utterly pointless

BSC

With respect Andy,
don't bother reading or answering pointless threads.........easy.

Hope your tea goes cold :D

Andy, you really need to lighten up and get off your high horse!!! Feel free to ignore threads, it's not like there are hundreds of threads every day on here.

When I first got back into fishing, I borrowed a flask from my Mum, a cheap one she bought at a services. In cold weather, the tea started going cold in about 10 mins :mad:

So I put the cheap flask into the cupboard to gather dust and went to the supermarket and paid £8 for a proper flask by Thermos. In cold weather the tea went luke warm in maybe 4 or 5 hours :(

So I put the £8 flask into the cupboard to gather dust with the cheap flask and went back to the supermarket again and bought an expensive Thermos "Thermax" flask. This keeps it hot overnight and I can have hot tea in the morning :cool:

A thread like this could have saved me wasting a few quid. You obviously have a few quid to through around but I don't and I'd rather get it right first time which is why I like threads like this.

P.S. Andrea Touch of Luxury is highly recommended ;) and Andrex On The Go is very useful to keep in the bottom of the tackle box.

Yes i agree there are flasks and then there are flasks!! Easy up there Andy...

chaps im sorry if my comments offend .. but.. come on guys get real..:rolleyes: this is about Barbel talk. The reason I dont come on as often as I used to is exactly this reason why this is another pointless thread.

How about having a 'whats the best barbel rod thread'...

please !!!!!!!

andy

sorry guys,

utterly pointless

BSC

Andy, i think Steve is asking about buying another flask, and not a replacement top. Like to meet you somtime, you sound a barrell of laughs:eek:

Whats your favourite Barbel Rod Andy?

Last edited:
Andy on a winters day a hot drink is as important to me as my barbel rods...:)

Two words................

Aladdin Challenger :D:D:D:D:D

chaps im sorry if my comments offend .. but.. come on guys get real..:rolleyes: this is about Barbel talk. The reason I dont come on as often as I used to is exactly this reason why this is another pointless thread.

How about having a 'whats the best barbel rod thread'...

please !!!!!!!

andy

Do you never take a flask with you Andy? If so is it a good 1? If you want a thread on the best barbel rod feel free to start one, everyone's got a rit to ask questions or indeed start a new thread that's what the forums for!

Hi Steve
I have brought quite a few flasks over the years, which were mostly rubbish, the only one to buy now is a thermos flask "thermax" direct from thermos, have a look on line about £13 for 0.5lt flask but keeps drinks hot for 12 hours

Wayne

Brilliant, best flask thread, best bivvy thread, now all we need is another Otter culling/ how to catch Trent Barbel thread!

Constructive suggestion, how about having a separate board for items of tackle and other bits and pieces, that way it’s all in one place as on the Cemex forum for example? :)

I've got an Aladdin adventurer stainless steel had it years , once dropped it on canal towpath and took a lump out of stone on towpath

Andy's only sore cos he hasn't got a flask to talk about. He's a Kelly Kettle man :D

Back