• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Zander

Nice fish Steve - I think there'll be a few dubs out this Autumn in that 'region'. Will give it a go once the eel activity drops a bit. (Last time out Zedding I had an eel about 1.08 on a 6" dead bait - and loads of aborted eel takes:mad: ) Up there tonight to see if the Barbs have arrived.

Steve

The prediction came true today for me - a new PB of 10.00 exactly.

Steve

Wot tree !!

Last edited:
Kris and I managed one a piece on Saturday.

Conditions weren't the best, and it was a bit of a struggle to be honest.... as our friends from up north, who came down for the weekend found out......

7lb 8oz
AvonFishing-11resize.jpg

Note the mouth damage, looks like a big single had been in the side of the mouth.... my hooks were in the opposite side....
AvonFishing-12-resize.jpg

nice sunset tho...

AvonFishing-25resize.jpg

Cracking pictures Steve, the sunset is breathtaking.

How far am I up the list for a days zedding now? Its like the bloody cheese counter at Asda this!

Cracking photos Steve - I think know that area by the silhouetted tree :p

Should to be out this weekend where the bigguns hang out ;)

Last edited:
New PB River Zed

I've a feeling Sabrina's going to be kind to me this season :)

Exactly 12lb and an eel too at 2.12. Both on Bleak deads

steve-cole-albums-fish-picture3836-zed-12-00-12aug12.jpg

Steve

Nice one Steve:)

I've been catching plenty of Zander each trip out but the size is not what the doctor ordered....

zhead.jpg

Z HEAD

Andy/Paul - Last Sunday was my first dedicated Zed trip this season, so I was well pleased. :)

As much as I want to fish for them this weekend, I think the water temperature will be too high and I have to put the interests of the fish first.

Still, all the more reason to go fishing for baitfish in preperation for the latter part of the year. The Severn 'Bionic Bleak' are a good size and plentiful right now.

Paul , I too will be spending most of my time this season targetting Zander. We'll sort a day or two out together soon.

Steve

Cracker Steve.

Now Ben's back home I'll hopefully be out a fair bit.
Much like you bud, I was going to go this weekend, but decided it was going to be a bit too warm for them, so will probably stay local and wait for a drop in temp before I drag YamYam down to the lower....

Steve

With Zander being the new Pike it could be a bit busy on the river this year :rolleyes::D

Glad to hear Bens back home mate

Last edited:
Back