• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

wouldn't be without one

A 2ft length of hickory, if anyone asks its a priest but it can also be a towpath pacifier if some ne`er do wells decide that a lone angler on the Thames in the middle of the night is fair game. It`s worked on more than one occasion.

Mic

I also have one of those little tackle boxes, I love it! I keep all my rig making bits in it, beads, swivels, quick-links, fake baits, boilie stops, isotopes, rig putty, the lot. When roving I use it in conjunction with a Chub Bits Belt for scissors, bait and larger items. Works for me. :)

7d378bbc4cd7790a0027a8384ad64cf9.image.102x102.jpg
bits-box.jpg
bits-belt.jpg

Hi Andy , i have the same boxes , its all you need to carry your bits and bobs when roving , a top bit of kit !:)

My vote for the swiss army knife.....
I used to own one until one evening I was cutting up some boilies and while still holding the knife in my other hand threw the boilies into the river..........
It was at that point I realised I was still holding the boilies and the knife had gone in!!!!!! :(
And it had been a birthday present from my brother.......
I've never had the heart to tell him!!!!!

My vote for the swiss army knife.....
I used to own one until one evening I was cutting up some boilies and while still holding the knife in my other hand threw the boilies into the river..........
It was at that point I realised I was still holding the boilies and the knife had gone in!!!!!! :(
And it had been a birthday present from my brother.......
I've never had the heart to tell him!!!!!

That's what the ring on one end is for!

My £1 plastic knot tester gets used every single trip and judging by the occasional need to re-tie I reckon it's saved losing a fish or two.

A close second is probably the bait pouch, especially when waiding and roving.

STEVE

I have a list of must haves,and it seems with the exception of my leatherman wave which replaced my Swiss army knife,that you guys are of the same mind as me.

Dave

Back