• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

wouldn't be without one

Colin Bridger

What bit of kit always goes with you?
For me it is my Swiss Army Knife "The Climber" I never go any where with out it being on my belt in its case.
Large and small blades are very sharp.
Hook on the back is used for hook knot tightening.
The reamer for enlarging feeder holes.
Scisors for cutting off PVA mesh bags, and trimming knots.
Can opener for tins of corn etc.
Screw drivers for reels etc.
Bottle opener and cork screw for celebrating a good day.
tweezers for picking up small hooks etc.
Tooth pick. Yeah well that's about the only thing that is no use to me any more.
Cheers
Colin

Hi Colin,

Nice post mate, laughed my socks off :D

"Tooth pick. Yeah well that's about the only thing that is no use to me any more".

Sounds like the glass of water by the bed has become 'indispensable item' number 2....join the club mate :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Freezer bags....Bait usually starts in them first, then during the session; bait stops, needle, scissors, pva string. If i'm having a bad night; hooks, braid, leads etc.

What bit of kit always goes with you?
For me it is my Swiss Army Knife "The Climber" I never go any where with out it being on my belt in its case.
Large and small blades are very sharp.
Hook on the back is used for hook knot tightening.
The reamer for enlarging feeder holes.
Scisors for cutting off PVA mesh bags, and trimming knots.
Can opener for tins of corn etc.
Screw drivers for reels etc.
Bottle opener and cork screw for celebrating a good day.
tweezers for picking up small hooks etc.
Tooth pick. Yeah well that's about the only thing that is no use to me any more.
Cheers
Colin

you forgot the bog roll....lol

Metal flask, can't break it. Walk miles so always trying to cut down on weight and bulk, however, no flask of coffee, no fishing.
Bored Shaun

Julian, I like the sound of your tackle box, where can you get one?

David, I must write to Victorinox and ask if they can fit one on a knife, and call it "Took Short"

Shaun, have to agree with you about the flask, had mine for 15 years now.

All the best
Colin

Metal flask, can't break it. Walk miles so always trying to cut down on weight and bulk, however, no flask of coffee, no fishing.
Bored Shaun

Shaun,

I bought a st/st flask for this season (cost me about £25 :rolleyes:) and find I have a problem with it. I like all milk coffee (like latte :p), and I often fish longish sessions. I have found that after a few hours, the milk has curdled, and tastes foul :(....this does not happen in my glass centred flask.

I understand that not everyone likes coffee like that, but for those that do, beware....it aint nice :D

Cheers, Dave.

spam with black pepper.....can save the day......by the way back in stock now at asda......stocked up myself this morning,woman on the till gave me a right look too!!!!:eek:

Last edited:
For me it's my waistcoat, all those pockets, licenses in one, hooks, beads and swivels in another, fags (still can't give em up) in another, best roving thing I ever bought.
5 euro's from a market in Nerja. Cost over here about £20.

Paul

I also have one of those little tackle boxes, I love it! I keep all my rig making bits in it, beads, swivels, quick-links, fake baits, boilie stops, isotopes, rig putty, the lot. When roving I use it in conjunction with a Chub Bits Belt for scissors, bait and larger items. Works for me. :)

7d378bbc4cd7790a0027a8384ad64cf9.image.102x102.jpg
bits-box.jpg
bits-belt.jpg

Another vote for the chub bits belt. Ideal for the short session angler or rover.

Back