• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Why Korum, why?

I was referring thats where Korum may get there ideas from, not just this particular item. The Chinese come up with all sorts of weird things.
I agree there are a lot of weird things, but normally they don’t sell well in China as well.

And when it comes to fishing, because the fishing style in China or East Asian is very different, I doubt there are any thing they could borrow, unless they start making whips.

Like I said they have bought out some brilliant stuff and they’ve bought out some rubbish.

But the important thing is they continue to do so and attempt to move things forward.

The tray on a tripod idea bought out this year was absolutely brilliant as far as I’m concerned. Just far too big and far too much money.
Instead of buying there’s, I copied it. It’s absolutely changed wading for me giving me full access to use everything I want which normally could only be done from the bank. View attachment 31817View attachment 31818
Now I probably wouldn’t have come up with it if Korum hadn’t of bought out there version.

The Korum chairs may not all be brilliant but some of them were. The 4 completely independent legs design was always excellent but most were too heavy.

Mine is the roving chair from the mk1 roving kit.
Still yet to find anything better for anything the river bank wants to throw at me View attachment 31819View attachment 31820

Those swims look great!

Tripod looks handy also 😉.

Those swims look great!

Tripod looks handy also 😉.
The top one is the exit point where ladypit farm goes into east stoke peg no 1 on the Trent.
Probably one of the most prolific trotting pegs on the Trent. Not known for its big fish but if the conditions are good, my god you literally can catch all day. Great sport but really busy as you’d expect.

Bottom picture is a much more picturesque stretch of the river in Nottingham itself.
A lot harder up there but I did catch a couple of better fish scraping double. Chub and barbel in enough quantities to make trotting viable but you work hard there for a lot less of them. Upside is it’s nice and peaceful. No where near as busy as ladypit

The top one is the exit point where ladypit farm goes into east stoke peg no 1 on the Trent.
Probably one of the most prolific trotting pegs on the Trent. Not known for its big fish but if the conditions are good, my god you literally can catch all day. Great sport but really busy as you’d expect.

Bottom picture is a much more picturesque stretch of the river in Nottingham itself.
A lot harder up there but I did catch a couple of better fish scraping double. Chub and barbel in enough quantities to make trotting viable but you work hard there for a lot less of them. Upside is it’s nice and peaceful. No where near as busy as ladypit

I have no knowladge of the trent, never fished it, but very nice looking spots for sure.

My biggest issue with Korum currently, is I need to replace my aging and original XL Bait and Bits Bag. It so simple yet brilliant, with both its external front pocket, large outer pocket and the main compartment.

I use it for all my Barbel, Chub and Perch short roving sessions, considered one of my best ever angler purchases.

So here's the latest version:

The large back outer pocket has gone, where I keep my scales, sling, head torch, forceps, towel etc. We are then left with a single front pocket and which you now attach bank sticks to. This is utter nonsense and a backwards step, as my bank sticks live in my rod quiver and surely the weight of the banks sticks causes issues when opening the front pocket?

I imagine the idea for the pentalite was taken from the long lamented Relum Brotel of the arly 00s....great concept, was okayish but there was nothing else like it for very small swims except a 30" brolly which doesn't exist.
Was very sad when mine gave up the ghost finally. Don't know how good the pentalite is but a smaller version would have me interested

Like I said they have bought out some brilliant stuff and they’ve bought out some rubbish.

But the important thing is they continue to do so and attempt to move things forward.

The tray on a tripod idea bought out this year was absolutely brilliant as far as I’m concerned. Just far too big and far too much money.
Instead of buying there’s, I copied it. It’s absolutely changed wading for me giving me full access to use everything I want which normally could only be done from the bank. View attachment 31817View attachment 31818
Now I probably wouldn’t have come up with it if Korum hadn’t of bought out there version.

The Korum chairs may not all be brilliant but some of them were. The 4 completely independent legs design was always excellent but most were too heavy.

Mine is the roving chair from the mk1 roving kit.
Still yet to find anything better for anything the river bank wants to throw at me View attachment 31819View attachment 31820
Can I ask what legs you used for this tripod please ?

I got a Trakker tripod for the Wye last weekend and within 2-mins it had fallen over and washed all my bloody meat / pellet down the bloody river !!!

Something that really annoyed me with korum is they stopped making their small brown pellet stops that were perfect for 8mm pellets,ive eventually managed to source some online after a long while of searching
👍
Could you share the link for these please mark….in down to my last pack of the older stops, they were perfect for 8mm weren’t they, never found any as good!

My biggest issue with Korum currently, is I need to replace my aging and original XL Bait and Bits Bag. It so simple yet brilliant, with both its external front pocket, large outer pocket and the main compartment.

I use it for all my Barbel, Chub and Perch short roving sessions, considered one of my best ever angler purchases.

So here's the latest version:

The large back outer pocket has gone, where I keep my scales, sling, head torch, forceps, towel etc. We are then left with a single front pocket and which you now attach bank sticks to. This is utter nonsense and a backwards step, as my bank sticks live in my rod quiver and surely the weight of the banks sticks causes issues when opening the front pocket?
So annoying when something great is ‘upgraded’ but turns out worse! I’ve taken to buying 2 or 3 of something when I find a winner, think I got 2 of the original bait bags in the loft😂

Could you share the link for these please mark….in down to my last pack of the older stops, they were perfect for 8mm weren’t they, never found any as good

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_0011.png
    IMG_0011.png
    390.8 KB · Views: 66
Thanks Derek, but had these ones before and there not same fine diameter as the Korum originals
Alan,if you google madcat pellet stops you should find them available on Ebay, they are £3:49 for about 130,make sure you get them in the small size though, when i first received them i thought they were too big but the v that goes into the pellet is fine like the old korum ones👍

Back