• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Why Korum, why?

Another wheel re invented .

David

If Korum reinvented the wheel, it would be hexagonal.

This is the company that promotes the Omega rod, by saying: 'It doesn't get any better than this'. If that is the case (and we all know it isn't), then I wonder why, only a year after launch, the Omega can be found reduced to half price.

Theyā€™ve done some brilliant things in the past and bought out some rubbish too. You canā€™t knock em for trying because letā€™s face it ā€¦. No one else bothers
Yeah there is some stuff that does mate you question ā€œwho on earth thought of thatā€ but letā€™s not forget who bought out the original ruck bag, the pentalite shelter, the fast mat, the but screw, the folding quivers and lots more.
I say let them keep trying to reinvent the wheel and let us sort out whatā€™s good and what to avoid because like I say, no one else is trying to bring anything different to the table

I say let them keep trying to reinvent the wheel and let us sort out whatā€™s good and what to avoid because like I say, no one else is trying to bring anything different to the table

Korum certainly brought something different to the table with the latest S23 chair's parallelogram legs. As half-ar5ed ideas go, it's a beauty... when I had a notion to buy an accessory chair a few months ago, not a single Korum dealer advised me to buy one. I can't see the dealers pushing this one either.

Korum certainly brought something different to the table with the latest S23 chair's parallelogram legs. As half-ar5ed ideas go, it's a beauty... when I had a notion to buy an accessory chair a few months ago, not a single Korum dealer advised me to buy one. I can't see the dealers pushing this one either.
Like I said they have bought out some brilliant stuff and theyā€™ve bought out some rubbish.

But the important thing is they continue to do so and attempt to move things forward.

The tray on a tripod idea bought out this year was absolutely brilliant as far as Iā€™m concerned. Just far too big and far too much money.
Instead of buying thereā€™s, I copied it. Itā€™s absolutely changed wading for me giving me full access to use everything I want which normally could only be done from the bank.
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5689.jpeg

Now I probably wouldnā€™t have come up with it if Korum hadnā€™t of bought out there version.

The Korum chairs may not all be brilliant but some of them were. The 4 completely independent legs design was always excellent but most were too heavy.

Mine is the roving chair from the mk1 roving kit.
Still yet to find anything better for anything the river bank wants to throw at me
IMG_6614.jpeg
IMG_6615.jpeg

Like I said they have bought out some brilliant stuff and theyā€™ve bought out some rubbish.

But the important thing is they continue to do so and attempt to move things forward.

The tray on a tripod idea bought out this year was absolutely brilliant as far as Iā€™m concerned. Just far too big and far too much money.
Instead of buying thereā€™s, I copied it. Itā€™s absolutely changed wading for me giving me full access to use everything I want which normally could only be done from the bank. View attachment 31817View attachment 31818
Now I probably wouldnā€™t have come up with it if Korum hadnā€™t of bought out there version.

The Korum chairs may not all be brilliant but some of them were. The 4 completely independent legs design was always excellent but most were too heavy.

Mine is the roving chair from the mk1 roving kit.
Still yet to find anything better for anything the river bank wants to throw at me View attachment 31819View attachment 31820
To me the best are fast mat and folding quiver.

If Korum reinvented the wheel, it would be hexagonal.

This is the company that promotes the Omega rod, by saying: 'It doesn't get any better than this'. If that is the case (and we all know it isn't), then I wonder why, only a year after launch, the Omega can be found reduced to half price.
I bought one, the 1.25, I feel sorry for anyone who paid full price for them. Even reduced the purchase left me full of regret.

Back