• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which month did you catch your PB?

Mid march 15.06 first chuck on a frosted dawn morning on the trent. On my penultimate cast at 1930 my PB Chub came to the net at 9.01, a day to remember.

Yesterday, so October for me. It was a large Golden Retriever. No idea what they weigh, but at a guess I would say 3 stone. It took a 20 ml lamprey pellet which was on the ground beside me whilst I sorted a bit of a tangle. I hooked it fairly in the corner of the mouth. With the help of the owner it was quickly subdued. I unhooked the dawg without the use of forceps, which I thought was pretty brave. It needed no recovery time, and run off strongly. It was fooled by a combi rig, 12lb sink braid and 13lb fluro carbon, and I was using 12lb Berkley clear big game as a main line. Owner and angler parted on good terms, both believing they were responsible for the mishap. I believe this could be a record for the Sussex Ouse.
Shortly after I had a Barbel of 8lb 6oz
Shaun of the dead.

Back