• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which month did you catch your PB?

Steve Holt

With winter fast approaching I'm just interested to see which month produced your pb barbel.. I managed mine on a lovely day in mid November:)

seems theres no pattern, September mine.

There was a thread on here a few years ago about this and one poster detailed the number of river records for each month of the season - fairly even spread if I remember rightly. We all know individual specimens are likely to be at their top weight at the back end of the season but there's still the problem of actually catching em!

Mine came in February, river low and clear and bitterly cold - not ideal Barbel conditions but fortune favours the brave and all that!

July for me! but only in my first full season at this barbel lark and I am hopeful of changing that as the conditions are coming just right at the moment.

My top 3 fish all came in July, albeit in different years. I usually switch to other species after October unless conditions are favourable so not a true reflection.

I can't even remember which year it was, let alone the month :eek:

Tony is a dry flay a specific pattern for the Itchen ;)

August 2009

Back