• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Which line?

Anthony Pearson

I can't find a thread covering this, but if anyone knows of one, just give me the link.

Which line would you recommend for fishing for Barbel? I'll be on the Swale, Wharfe, Nidd and Trent and currently use Daiwa Sensor.

I tend to use Fox Soft Steel/Soft Steel Camo if I'm using mono. It's not flash, it's not expensive if you know where to look and it's certainly not of fine diameter. I do find it lasts well, is reliable and is pretty resilient.

However, I've just stocked up on PowerPro braid which, while I'll use it on the Swale, is really intended for use on the Trent.

After dabbling with Sensor for a few months I'd not use it for anything but backing. Definitely not my cup of tea.

ive been using 20lb spiderwire moss green for the last few sessions ...i like it even though ive only caught a few carp and chub so far.

Daz

I've been thinking about this the last few weeks as my centerpins and fixed spools are starting to run low or get bad line twist/memory.

I've used Pro Clear exclusively for all my fishing the last couple of seasons but am getting tempted to try some braid. I just cant decide whether to take the plunge!

Cheers
Adam

Snap..well you know what I mean...not the line.:D
Big Game for me too.

Rich.:)

Sufix Xcelon 10lb 0.28mm diameter 1500m about £16.

Before the start of every season I have a look to see if there is anything new on the market but always stay with the Sufix .
Although I don't get to fish the Severn or the Teme as much as I would like I can't think of a time when it has let me down in the years I have been using it

All the best
Howard

Sensor for me on the Severn, and change it every week, for other rivers I use Gamma.

Different blokes, different strokes, the reason I use the Sensor, is because its cheap, strong, and as I said, I change it every week, as the rocks on the middle give it some stick.

Sensor and Gamma for me

Field Farm section of Wye

Can anyone tell me who controls the rights to the Field Farm and Hampton Bishop sections of the Wye?

thanks

Richard

I bought some Big Game clear (10lb) on the back of an earlier thread...and I lost a biggie last week when it snapped. I wasn't snagged and had the fish on for about 2 minutes. So that's it, my confidence in the stuff has gone...and I'm now back with GR60 (which I shouldn't have left in the first place).

Back