• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

whats been your most usefull purcase this year?

An old defender.... Gets me to spots lesser cars can't reach. (Also doubles up as a rod rest, a chair and an umbrella) :D

Sadly for me it has been a NHS prescription prepayment certificate,£104. Had an operation on a fistula in September and have had daily cleaning, packing and dressing of the wound since then. You have to pay for all your own dressings these days, via a prescription, have saved hundreds already.
I have spent October looking out at warm overcast days that just scream Barbel!
Got so bored I even had a go at making my own boilies, a bait I very rarely use. Some carp fishing buddies of mine suggested that micro waving was the best way to cook them. Very funny. Anyone want any home made ''pop ups''
Shaun the naive, and bored pooless.

Now is a very good time to buy an x Army Defender (I have just disposed of 101). The mod have just sold the whole Defender fleet to Withams in Grantham, Lincs, who I believe are selling them for about £3k each.
Most of them have just had a refurb (Project Tithonous) which entailed having Roll Bars and new canopy fitted costing at least that much and they have a complete and very thorough service history.
Well worth a punt;)

Last edited:
Now is a very good time to buy an x Army Defender (I have just disposed of 101). The mod have just sold the whole Defender fleet to Withams in Grantham, Lincs, who I believe are selling them for about £3k each.
Most of them have just had a refurb (Project Tithonous) which entailed having Roll Bars and new canopy fitted costing at least that much and they have a complete and very thorough service history.
Well worth a punt;)

Then why is it that you drive about in a monster black truck, it should be a Defender to match all your camo gear.
Brian.

Back