• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What are your targets for the new season?

I'm just hoping to get a few sessions in early season before we have baby number two ,due early September,two kids under 2 not gonna leave much time for fishing !!!
Rob

A Barbel over 12lbs, my first Tench and a Grayling over 1.5lbs (I've not done well on those). Those are the targets I've set myself for the year; I feel they are all achievable. 🤞

A barbel of any size from the d/stour and h/Avon would be nice next season 😉
I managed to improve my chub pb to 6lb 1oz had another at 6lb numerous 5’s
Didn’t do any roach fishing must put that right to better my 2lb2oz fish
River targets next season 🤞 improve on the above👍
Stillwater been unreal for me with my first mirror over the 40lb @ 41lb12oz I’ve got my work cut out there topping that, much like catching a barbel 😂. A 20lb+ common would be nice, the list’s endless Iam lucky 2 of my 3sons are fishing mad 1 loves the rivers and 1 loves his carp fishing so Iam in both camps. so happy days and memories made 👍

Last season was pretty successful, beating my Loddon target of 10 barbel. Want to double that this season, hopefully add a 17+ too. Lost a big long 25+ river common after a long fight so would love to have another chance at that.
Barbel from the Blackwater after a break of a few years, any size would do.
Float caught barbel is on the cards too hopefully.
Good luck to all.

Steve

I didn't think I'd have any targets for the coming season but after reading the post above, I have (thanks @Steve Sorrell 👍) ... a double figure barbel off the Middle Severn on the float. Best on the float so far is 9-15, so I'd be happy with 10-01 ( '-01' to be sure 😂). Plus I've never fished the Lower Severn for barbel using a sliding waggler (at 11-14ft 🤯). Now that might be fun.

My first target this new season is a 14 on the float. After a terrific summer in 21 I had some great fun float fishing for them and achieved my target of a 13 along with another 20 doubles. So with a little luck a 14 is within reach.
Obviously I get to see your returns Kev which are nothing short of outstanding. You must literally spend 90% of your day with a bend in the rod.

I’ve no doubt you’ll get a 14 plus very soon.

Not really bothered about weights these days, could quite easily slip every barbel back without weighing, my ultimate target therefore would have to be to just enjoy fishing and engaging with nature.

Not really bothered about weights these days, could quite easily slip every barbel back without weighing, my ultimate target therefore would have to be to just enjoy fishing and engaging with nature.
Yes I agree👏Regarding not weighing every fish , i don't put them through the riggers of weighing and of taking photos unless I think it will beat my PB ,or is close to it.👍

Back