• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What are your targets for the new season?

To be able to fish rivers all the way through the season would be awesome. I really missed the winter last season due to lockdown
A 6lb chub, 3lb roach, 3 lb perch, 20lb pike and double figure barbel
All realistic if I can get the rod hours in
Good luck everyone
I had my best season last year in spite of lockdown. I relocated to live near the Wye some years ago so hopefully will be able to continue to find the Barbel. Beyond that I'm hoping to beat my PB at 11lbs 8oz but my joy comes from catching healthy Barbel whatever the size.

Bill Walford

I had my best season last year in spite of lockdown. I relocated to live near the Wye some years ago so hopefully will be able to continue to find the Barbel. Beyond that I'm hoping to beat my PB at 11lbs 8oz but my joy comes from catching healthy Barbel whatever the size.
I envy you relocating near the Wye Bruce. That would be my dream but the current Mrs W (only 47 years married so still on probation 😱) won’t shift because our grandchildren are local and she cares for her Mum. I keep telling her that if my numbers come up on The Lottery I’m buying a place in the Wye Valley and she can visit whenever she wants🤣

Graham Elliott

I envy you relocating near the Wye Bruce. That would be my dream but the current Mrs W (only 47 years married so still on probation 😱) won’t shift because our grandchildren are local and she cares for her Mum. I keep telling her that if my numbers come up on The Lottery I’m buying a place in the Wye Valley and she can visit whenever she wants🤣
That's the only downside of living 200 yards from the Wye Bil😅😅😅

But at least the Motorway system is excellent for visiting family. Or more likely them coming for a holiday....

Julian Peacock

My first Gt Ouse barbel would be good! But I won’t be chasing a new PB as I think that ship has sailed and the Ivel with it...
A 30 plus carp on the float ‘n pin..
Dream fish is a 3lb river roach..
I still have to break my grayling duck..
When the season starts I will be chucking fluff hoping for a river brown..
And there is a big perch to catch..
Then a bigger pike..
How could any one ever be bored of angling!

Chris Allcock

Il have a go at beating my insane record of 21 fish in 15hrs... 19 barbel and 2 chub. And a 10lb barbel being the biggest, 1oz under my pb. Not a prayer.