• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What are your targets for the new season?

Some (maybe unrealistic) targets for 21/22.

A barbel from the upper, upper Thames. One or two more from lower down the river.

A big Thames chub.

Some big stillwater roach on bait and perch/pike on flies.

A return to saltwater fly fishing, but god knows when………

I can't risk my usual fishing alone and in darkness. I have knee replacement surgery scheduled soon, and my (wishful thinking) target is to have my first session of this season in October/November.

At least I won't blank before then :D

To diversify from just barbel fishing (perhaps :eek:)

I do fancy some bass fishing and going for big perch (as well as barbel fishing, plus some chub winter fishing).

This year A big Nene double …….. a barbel from the Ivel there’s still a couple about…….and a double figure pike ….last season was pretty poor apart from a 14.14 from the tidal Trent ( do Trent fish count 😂😂)

Thankfully the start of the season is just round the corner so would be good to see some targets and goals that you’re aiming for this year!

I’ve got a few on the wish list for the season so I’ll get it started -

PB Chub so anything over 6.13

A Thames PRB, a 12lb plus fish would do it for me

And my main target and focus for the season is a Kennet 16lb plus fish, I know they’re still there, somewhere!

Good luck all and tight lines.
I didn't get the PB chub (best a 6.4) blew out completely on the Kennet and didn't bother fishing it after August but I did up my Thames PB a few times to 13.8.

To get rid of my FREE SPIRIT HI S RODS , and get some Harrison's 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤔
But on a series note , I would like to beat my PB of 13lb 6oz,only managed a 9lb fish last season.

This year A big Nene double …….. a barbel from the Ivel there’s still a couple about…….and a double figure pike ….last season was pretty poor apart from a 14.14 from the tidal Trent ( do Trent fish count 😂😂)
I hope Trent fish count Terry or I’m buggered 🤣🤣

Back