• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

What a prat

Hi men ,

I went fishing once and forgot ................................ Sue :D , wont do that again in a hurry:eek:

Hatter

Last time I went to the Trent there was a landing net in the road, pole and all. Looked like a good one, Would of stopped to pick it up but outside lane of the a1 was particularly busy that day!

Kin idiot.

Smashed my Silstar Taktiq rod to bits after leaning it against, my old Volvo boot shooting pistons and then closing the boot forgetting it was their , had to donate the rings to another Angler.

Usually forget something every time I go. Club tickets are a favourite, landing net, unhooking mat, floats when float fishing etc etc.

Club tickets and EA rod license are a favourite of mine to leave at home as well. Usually as a result of different bags/holdalls for different sessions depending on what the quarry is.

Club tickets and EA rod license are a favourite of mine to leave at home as well. Usually as a result of different bags/holdalls for different sessions depending on what the quarry is.

That is my biggest problem - I usually seem to forget something or other with all the changing about.

I now keep a couple of old bait tubs under the seat of car which contains a selection of leads, a few packets of hooks in various sizes, swivels, some rubber beads, lead clips, a few of small spools of various braids and mono, a tub of split shot, a few floats, float rubbers, bait bands, float stops, forceps, scissors, spare head torch and some batteries. And yes the most important item of kit...bog roll!

Fortunately the only times I have forgotten my landing net is when I have been fishing with others, including one occasion when two of us had forgotten to bring our landing nets, so the poor lad that the sense to remember his had to fish between us and spent most of the day ghillie-ing for the two idiots either side of him...he wasn't very happy, especially after getting a ticking-off from a bailiff for leaving his rods unattended!:D:

Left my landing net at home but was fishing with a mate so had to fish the swim next to him which i certainly was not planning.Turned out great though as i had my PB of 15-7 latter that day.:):):):):):):):)

Made me laugh this thread, thought I was the only one who forget stuff. Funnily I forgot my landing net earlier this year and like most of us , I'd traveled a fair distance , In fact 60 miles to the River Dove, and on setting everything up I'd left the dam landing net at home. Not wanting to go all the way home, I remembered on a previous visit a pole sticking up out of the water on the far bank after some heavy rain from the week before. By chance it was still protruding out of the water about 8 inches , so I decided to chance my arm and cast to it hoping that there maybe a net on the end . I tied up a rig using multiple size 6 hooks and after a few casts hooked it. As I gently pulled hoping my hooks had a good hold , everything went solid so I had to pull for a break:mad:. Undeterred I decided to stip to my boxers and wade across river and retrieve my rig and hopefully a net. Luckily it was a warm day so the water wasn't to cold,and I could dry my boxers out if it was over waist deep.By the time I made it to the far bank I was soaked, stung by nettles, and ripped my top on some barbed wire.:( As I got to the pole , I pulled and low and behold a net appeared plus my rig :D on returning to the right side of the river , a fellow angler ask me what I was doing:confused: after explaining to him the story xxxx wet through and stung to buggery he replied " you shouldave told me, I carry a spare net" :p

On my first ever trip to the Wasing, five or six years ago, I forgot my landing net handle. As is often the case on a new water great things were expected and I was not going to drive 60 miles back to Banbury. After a lot of hard work I'd fashioned a handle of sorts from a hazel branch and string from the car. Still blanked though so I never discovered how efficient it was.

Also, back in the eighties, I forgot the handle on a session on the Cherwell. The net was just a thread attachment as opposed to a spreader block so I used a bank stick. This compromise managed to land a 16 pound pike!

Took my 12 year old daughter chubbing on Saturday, arrived to find I'd forgotten her wellies and as her sparkly ballet pumps, weren't really suitable for muddy banks, we had to drive home (in crap traffic) to get them:rolleyes:

Once drove home after a rain-sodden blank. Clean forgot that I had promised a lift home to a mate and had left him stranded in the rain at the car park. Being a law-abiding chap I had also switched off my phone so it was only when I was home that I realized the mistake....

Once drove home after a rain-sodden blank. Clean forgot that I had promised a lift home to a mate and had left him stranded in the rain at the car park. Being a law-abiding chap I had also switched off my phone so it was only when I was home that I realized the mistake....

Love this one. Went fishing yesterday after triple checking my kit this time. Every set up on the bank. Bait up and cast in. Twenty minutes later fancied a nibble. Guess what left my sarnies on the kitchen top. I have now put a post-it note on my rucksack. One day i will get it right. To top it off 6 hours and blanked

Brilliant, I hope upon realising your mistake you did the decent thing, and rang him a taxi....:D

Landing net.

Amazing I'm not the only one.

Yesterday left the landing net at home. Stood staring in the boot like a wizard wishing it to appear, it didn't. Round trip 1 hour. I always swear I'll make a must take list, then lose the bloody list.:eek:

Plonker Rodney.

Back