• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Weight Gains

I always think bread pudding looks amazing but I can’t stand it. I think it’s the texture more than the taste I don’t like
Grandad used to work at mothers pride (not as baker) but used to get loads of bread👍
Grown up on bread pudding, probably explains the waistline 😂 what about bread and butter pudding?
Now that’s nice straight out of the oven scoop of ice cream 😋

Lockdown baking my other half insists on making numerous high calorie goodies, sponges ,chocolate cakes, flapjacks etc made with mucho , butter eggs ,and often blocks of top quality chocolate. I am still weighing in at 14st 7oz just under 6ft , but for how much longer.

This has reminded me of the story about a ghillie, Scottish or Irish who had a client who's ambition in life was to catch a 30lb Salmon. He'd left the ghillie in no doubt that he'd be well rewarded if he achieved his aim.
Eventually it looked like he'd finally done it after all the years. Upon weighing the fish it was found to be slightly under the magical 30lb. The ghillie proceeded to stuff his packed lunch into the Salmon's mouth and down until it got to the magic weight.
All proceeded as promised and the Rod went home a very happy man.
A few days later Billingsgate fish market recorded the first instance ever of a Salmon eating an orange 🍊. LOL.

Back