• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Weight Gains

Ian, its easily sorted. On the first weigh, make sure your fully laden with clothes, hob nailed boots, and tin hat. The second weigh, should be when you fall out of bed in just your skiddies. 😁

I am usually 13 st 9 lbs, or a bit less in the buff. 😱

This morning I am 13 st 11-1:2 lbs, its two days of eating and drinking, a few good 5 mile walks will see it away .

I check my weight daily , have done for years . I was up at 15 st 12 lbs 4 Years ago, sensible eating and exercise got it down, I am still about 6 lbs or more overweight according to the BMI scale, as as six footer I dont know how that can be .

Dave

I am between 14.8 and 13.14 and 6ft tall.

When I had a general 65 year old check at the GP's a short very round nurse of about 16 stone at least told me my ideal weight should be 10st 10lb!!

It was when I was 15 I told her.

G, next time you get weighed, take your kit off, quiver, nets, clothing, etc, etc. and you might just make 10.10. 😁 👍

I am between 14.8 and 13.14 and 6ft tall.

When I had a general 65 year old check at the GP's a short very round nurse of about 16 stone at least told me my ideal weight should be 10st 10lb!!

It was when I was 15 I told her.
😄 I’m 5’9 and weigh more than that, around a stone or so more and I don’t think many would accuse me of being over weight... BMI is bumpkum.

Hi all
Iam 54yrs 6ft2” 17s10lb (Iam sure its a fix😂) there was a subtle hint when I looked in the fridge, scotch eggs, sausage roll, gone 😮 replaced by tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber🤒
Treat cupboard no better.
It’s no good Those scales are gonna have to go😂

I've missed two holidays in Greece this year, over the course of which I usually get fit and lose a stone. Added to that my wife's got into baking. Previously she'd always been excellent at making wholesome food : pies, pastas, soups (that pass the "will a spoon stand up vertically in it?" test), etc, but has always cooked almost everything with a "on 2/3rds til it's done" attitude. But cakes need set temps and timings ... and to our amazement she's turned out to be a really good baker. A month ago she was making upwards of 10 cakes a week, mostly giving them away to friends, who started putting 'orders' in:oops:.
So what with no holidays, and a ready supply of coffee cake, lemon drizzle, bakewell tart (friends' faves), plus several other 'try outs' to sample, my waistline's suffered.
I've now bought a treadmill and totally hate the thing. I understand now why people sell the things, virtually new/unused, for £50 🥵😡🥵

Can I put an order in please Terry? You have just listed my favourite cakes! Lemon drizzle, coffee cake, bakewell tart... Mmmmmm
😀

Can I put an order in please Terry? You have just listed my favourite cakes! Lemon drizzle, coffee cake, bakewell tart... Mmmmmm
😀
😂 😂 😂 Yeah, it's those 3 that all her friends, and bloody friends of friends, want ... as they're their 'faves' too.
Many of them are from her gym (strange that eh;))
Luckily for my waistline, what with 'Lockdown III' she's curtailed her baking ATM.

I have the same problem, can't waste bread so my missus is making bread puddings. I can't resist :D

I've missed two holidays in Greece this year, over the course of which I usually get fit and lose a stone. Added to that my wife's got into baking. Previously she'd always been excellent at making wholesome food : pies, pastas, soups (that pass the "will a spoon stand up vertically in it?" test), etc, but has always cooked almost everything with a "on 2/3rds til it's done" attitude. But cakes need set temps and timings ... and to our amazement she's turned out to be a really good baker. A month ago she was making upwards of 10 cakes a week, mostly giving them away to friends, who started putting 'orders' in:oops:.
So what with no holidays, and a ready supply of coffee cake, lemon drizzle, bakewell tart (friends' faves), plus several other 'try outs' to sample, my waistline's suffered.
I've now bought a treadmill and totally hate the thing. I understand now why people sell the things, virtually new/unused, for £50 🥵😡🥵

Similarly, my wife, who incidentally is a really good cook to start with, has suddenly, well, in November, started to make dark rich fruit cakes, the fruit is soaked in either Sherry, or Brandy for a week or so, I darent eat to much if I am going to be driving ;).

First she made one for me, because she never ever eats sweet stuff AT ALL ! , then after I had scoffed it she made another, and another and another, gave some away to family, who are always now on the phone wanting another , in fact the two daughters refuse to let the other collect theirs because they each know the other would just eat it, they are both like a couple of vultures where it comes to their mums baking.
She is now starting on Parkin , we have a couple of slabs maturing as I type, along with 3 fruit cakes, and more fruit soaking as well, so I am well sorted for fruit cake and parkin for the forseable future.
One thing I have noticed is that I was 13 st 7 before Christmas, I am now 13st 10, having been a couple fo pounds heavier a few days ago.
Walking between 3-4 miles a day is getting rid of the excess weight, without eating less.

David

Now repeatably good Parkin will be a challenge ... it often tends to vary batch to batch, but my brother in law has almost perfected it.
P.S.. I've found wearing a weight vest helps to hasten weight loss. Just don't weigh yourself with it on :)
P.P.S.. maybe cakes/baking will be seen by some on here as "An unsuitable area of discussion for BFW" :p:eek::p

Back