• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

We all know centrepins are best for barbel fishing...

I am a fan ,a mix of old and new,this is my old battered Neotiric ,and Bob James Lightweight ,perfect for close fishing on running line and also my fave for fishing breads on top for the pond pigs.

It is used for barbel too at times when I fish close in .

7465582502_fa54b7251d_c.jpg

Pons

I am a fan ,a mix of old and new,this is my old battered Neotiric ,and Bob James Lightweight ,perfect for close fishing on running line and also my fave for fishing breads on top for the pond pigs.

It is used for barbel too at times when I fish close in .

7465582502_fa54b7251d_c.jpg

Pons

Nice bend in the rod there Mr P !!!
I was out with Chris Clements yesterday and he was asking after you!!
:)

Hi men ,

Sue has it under control , we beat it down with the tip section of a Arbury barbel / Avon cane rod , and scrape the gaps between the slabs on the veg patch with the handles of the pins !.

Hatter

Superb reels - wish I could afford one of the coxons.

i'll start saving up.

Any chance you'll be getting more rods?

All Our Yesterdays

I would rather eat marzipan sandwiches that fish with a cane rod. And Stanton reels are far superior to hamster wheels. Shimano Baitrunners were created in heaven by the angels.

Four cane rods with matching hamster wheels perched on glorious Delkims just doesn't look right!!! They will rot eventually you know, whilst carbon travels the universe forever.

And do 1800's style angling romantics wear 1800's style underpants?

Regards,

Lee.

Ah Ah!!! That's one caught on my carbon rod trotting down the near line with my Stanton reel.

How are you Tony. Or should I say "Your Grace" seeing as you are undoubtedly royalty in the woodwind section. Hows life in HP Sauceland?

Just popped in for a while to see if I can't wake up some of these barbeleers.

Regards,

Lee.

I would rather eat marzipan sandwiches that fish with a cane rod. And Stanton reels are far superior to hamster wheels. Shimano Baitrunners were created in heaven by the angels.

Four cane rods with matching hamster wheels perched on glorious Delkims just doesn't look right!!! They will rot eventually you know, whilst carbon travels the universe forever.

And do 1800's style angling romantics wear 1800's style underpants?

Regards,

Lee.

I'll just get my barbour, floppy hat and take my cane rods and centrepins and try and find a kindred spirit.........

How do marzipan sandwiches fish with cane rods?

Regards

Hugo

;)

"Ole Keefy Speer bats from the back, seen him do it. All very odd."

Ian, don't knock it until you have tried it mate! ;)

Life is a funny thing, some people engage in some very odd practices, I have a mate who enjoys being kicked all over the place during Thai boxing, my daughters boyfriend is a prop forward and enjoys the crunch of other peoples bones shattering!!
Another mate will sit watching the TV while making lace, more astonishing as he looks like an Axe killer.

I enjoy float fishing with a centre pin, I agree sometimes it can be a disadvantage, but on other occasions it can be deadly beyond belief.

The thing is, I actually enjoy the experience, even if I blank and I will often persevere even when I know I will probably fail.

Some anglers have to catch, no matter what, I love to catch, but I prefer to do it my way……doesn’t make me a bad man!!:):)

Back