• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

waterproof and breathable salopettes/ bib and brace , recommendations ?

Mark,

I have the esp camo sallopettes and they are fine, if a little too warm on occasion, especially with the sundridge sleepskin underneath, but they were perfect in last years freezing conditions and as waterproof as previous esp stuff ive had. Got mine for £50.

Paul

Spotted them Paul , but limited stock in terms of sizes , needless to say don't have my size which is annoying as a real good buy :(

They certainly look great value Neil....but what the hell is that bit 'With raised back for added protection' :eek: Looking at the picture, they are perfectly level all the way round :confused:

Cheers, Dave

Dave,

The back is higher by about 4 inches, which I like as it keeps my dodgy back warm! If you get them make sure you get the ones without the neoprene bum bit as they do 2 versions :)

Cheers,

Neil

I agree, ex services gear is top quality and good value...I have French NATO issue Goretex, which is excellent.

If budget is a priority, or if you are unable to get the brand new stuff, don't worry too much. Re-proofing with Nikwax will soon bring the repellency and breathability back, providing they were not washed using detergent...that does complicate things a little :p

Cheers, Dave.

:)

Agreed, have had mine for years. Good camo too!

AS ever

Hugo

The Chairman on Wednesday

Interesting to see a floppyhatted Camo Clone arriving at a rainy Glastonbury today.

Drive the gals mad, he will ... have to beaten them off with his Barder, or talk about fish to them.

As ever,

B.B.

Rain-hardy-revellers-desc-024.jpg

Back