• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Wanted - Harrison or similar Barbel rod

I have the 12' Torrix 2.25 and as Rich states they are def more through action which understates the test curve in reality - tips are also a little stiffer which I prefer - great all rounders IMO and happy with leads / feeders from 1-5oz . . .also versatile and are light enough to use for tench bashing / floater fishing!
It’s my favorite 12ft torrix by a long way.
I don’t like the other 12’s much at all.
Had Dave lumb build me a dead bait trotting rod using this blank as the through action and stiff tip just lended it self to hitting and playing big pike really nicely. It’s a special build as it’s been fitted with more rings and kept very light weight which is ideal for holding all day running a dead roach down the margins.
Landed my pb on that rod a river 29

Hi Rob,
I'll add another couple of rods to the mix based on my Bristol Avon barbel experiences.

Bfw i-power 12' (Harrison) blank. 2lb (Originally available as twin 1.75 and 2lb tips)

Evoke Barbel Twin (Guides and blanks) Barbel twin tip - one spliced in quiver tip and heavier 2lb tip

Used the Harrison Interceptor 1.75 12' for a few years and then Chimera 2 12' and Torrix 12' 1.75 and 2lb. My personal preference is Chimera 2.
Of the 11' Torrix 1.75 and 2.0 - slightly favoured the 2lb.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Bob
You still got the interceptor Bob ?

Back