• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Using a deep fat fryer for boiling particles

might be worth trying fried hemp sometime when surface fishing though, do you reckon cook it normally then fry ?

It would either work a treat or be a disaster.

I imagine the seeds would disintegrate if boiled first.

I wouldn't bother but I'm not very adventurous!

Sam, frying hemp, I'll give it a go over the next couple of weeks as spodded feed amongst the controller for carp (that's if it floats!). Seriously, I will try with presoaked, blanched till just split, powdered with LT94, salt, fried in salmon oil with garlic cloves. If the results are good I'll report back. If results too good the reply might have to be made by pm!!

Good thinking - cheers Jon

I would have thought the combination of hot oil and presoaked hemp could be a exsplosive combination.Don't forget the safety glasses.:cool:

A potatoe hasn't got a hard shell though Sam.I would have thought you will get the same reaction as when making popcorn.But in this case you have quite a bit more moisture in the seed.
Only one way to find out I suppose.

Last edited:
A potatoe hasn't got a hard shell though Sam.I would have thought you will get the same reaction as when making popcorn.But in this case you have quite a bit more moisture in the seed.
Only one way to find out I suppose.

id probably "stir fry" the hemp, rather than deep fat fry it tbh

Common sense prevails...small amounts - at most half a pint in frying pan on a low heat & sun dried

Last edited:
Back