• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Undergunned?

Dave you got the wrong site mate. FKW Wallis was I think the first ever sponsored angler. He was sponsored by Hardy not Allcocks. I own a Hardy's "Wallis Wizard" one of the rods in my tackle room that is awaiting refurbishment and as it is a very pants rod by any standard it will probably be waiting for refurbishment when I am mingling with The Thurne! Allcocks did make a rod they called a Wallis Wizard but Hardy’s hit them with the threat of court action and they dropped the Wallis bit rapid. To my fairly certain knowledge no Allcocks Wallis Supper Wizard was ever built.
PS Allcocks rods were not that valuable in their day and I can never understand why anyone would pay over a ton for one so ringing it to suit you self is nothing unusual.

This was the article Kevin, but not the same site...I can't see the site I looked at earlier, which had more than just that article. I never was a good looker mate :D

Page Title

Back