• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

UFO,s whilst fishing.

Ok lots of us staring at rod tops,isotopes and starlights day or night, so you have a good view of the sky for hours on end,have you had any experiences of any strange lights, objects, weirdness happening in the sky's above. I've had a few over the years.Recent one was on the Thames, it was a clear night, plenty of stars and I noticed what looked like a star dancing all over the place like a humming bird and then just shot off into the night sky...

Me and my mate saw something very similar over the Thames last season. It looked like a shooting star but it zigzagged a bit and then disappeared.

We've also seen some amazing shooting stars. Some of them so bright that they light up the fields all around you like lighting would. That's the beauty of being out away from all the light pollution - you never would notice these things from a lit street.

Whilst fishing the Lower Severn a few years ago on one late afternoon, i noticed a strange erratically moving dark object, sort of cigar shaped that hovered, and then moved at great speed to another position , this went on for some time, until it sped off in a vertical movement.....I wasnt the only one to see it, after a short time two RAF Typhoons as if they were looking for it screeched across the sky and flew around the area for a good twenty 20 minutes covering the sky inch by inch or so it seemed.....very odd and unexplainable.

Iain, it's funny how we can give someone an on-the-spot-fine for dropping a cigarette butt (which is fine by me) but allow others to litter the countryside with an incendiary device that could also cause harm to livestock that might try to eat the debris that falls to earth etc. Fifty of the things!

Think the main reason they are banned now because of fires.

Back