• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent Done a Big Un

What a superb fish and well done to the captor for braving the conditions.

As Robert said:

Surely it's come out before, so what weight was it and when was it last caught?

Anthony - I think I caught it in August '08 at 12lb. Fair play to the guy for catching it in the cold snap though.

It's just a shame that as a self-proclaimed specimen hunter, and a sponsored one at that, he hasn't held the fish in a manner in which it's dimensions would be in no doubt. As it is, while clearly a big fish, it could be anywhere from 12-17lb. Let's hope there are other, better pictures which will be released soon.

Still congratulations to the captor. Anyone who doesn't wear a hat in -8c deserves a medal along with that super barbel :D

It's a great capture in difficult conditions but like Graham i think the picture could be better. When i first saw it a few days ago my initial thought was that he's obviously been to the Bob Roberts school of angling photography! :D

I'm with Graham on this one shame the picture isn't of a better quality,don't like to see any fish thrust closer to the camera but really hope it is a genuine capture,its certainly a big Barbel well done to the captor.

What a monster, well done that man..... only slightly jealous:rolleyes:

-8 c , thats effin , jeffin cold , it's a wonder the fish didn't freeze , never mind his landing net ! I think the picture is good , it's got all us lot talking , looks a right monster to me . I reckon Mr Otter may have been nipping at her tail though . Might have done 18 if all it's tail was intact :D

Photo

I agree with Tony, why oh why do people hold fish out like that. Definitely a big fish, which someone else will no doubt confirm when they recognize it. No hat in -8 is madness. No hat, no hair, in -8. Insane.

Nick C

Having had another more detailed look , its the most dodgy pose and angle I have ever seen , his arms are different lenghts and his hands look different size and not sure about holding a fish that size while squatting and not convinced about a minus 8 either

Back