• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent Done a Big Un

Sorry Matt, I am afraid that right or wrong (and I would say you are right) no credence will be attached to your claim because that looks suspiciously like a camou jacket hanging up behind you, meaning that many of the members on here will now totally discount you as a serious angler :p How very dare you :D

Cheers, Dave.

And I don't think much of the toilet arrangements either :eek:

Yup

I agree with Ray, in 3.5 years it's not out of the question it is the stated weight. No doubt someone else will recognise it as a more recent capture.

Nick C

I'm a believer

If you take big fish photos holding the fish out to the camera, and are a sponsored angler, you're gonna get some stick. There have been many of these "debates" on here over the years and in quite a few instances the captors were found to be telling porkies. I'm not saying this chap is mind, in fact I'm leaning towards thinking it's genuine, because otherwise he'd have to be a half wit publishing such a recognisable fish.

Nick C

Just to clarify any doubts surrounding the photo, its just fizzy pop in the bottle, possibly ginger ale by the looks of it.

Cheers Ray had no idea about that but I still have doubts about this fish

Are we to compare this fish with the same quality that Keith put up last winter?

Look at the pec and anal fins and compare the two different picture of the two different captures, use the hands of the anglers as a measure.
But ....
Try holding a 17 lb barbel at arms length for a self take, it's impossible that's why I just put 'em back:)

Hard hat and flak jacket at the ready Dave, I thought people may be holding back as its a child holding it

well looking at that photo, i say its not even a double figure fish, so where does the 16lb come from ??????? think the jose wells , scales are whacked ?????, maybe 16lb in the landing net and handle more like

Back