• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

trefor west floodwater barbel lone angler rod

Peter T Thomas

hi i have the above rod about to be put upfor sale
brand nrw still has plastic on handle
i m going to advertize it for £220
this is built on harrison blank 12ft 2 1/4 tc any thoughts on my prices would help

peter

Attachments

• 20230525_093415.jpg
    20230525_093415.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 20230525_093407.jpg
    20230525_093407.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 20230525_093441.jpg
    20230525_093441.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 182
Too cheap.

People will happily pay that for decent used examples. They are very sought after rare rods. I don’t think 280-300 is out of the way for a brand spanking new one. (To the right buyer)
You might end up waiting a while for it 👍🏻

Surely if someone fixes a price on here it's bizarre that they should be encouraged to bump it up? I have in the past bought lots of gear on BFW because we are not being overcharged due to no extra fees for seller or buyer , and more importantly the trust we have in each other.
Facebook traders seem to bump up the price yet there are no guarantees and looking at what is allowed to be advertised on that site that is blatantly a con ... sheds for 50 quid, sold by a Nigerian member and free delivery anyone?
BFW has a very good trusted classified section thay by and large is self governed by thr members.

Surely if someone fixes a price on here it's bizarre that they should be encouraged to bump it up? I have in the past bought lots of gear on BFW because we are not being overcharged due to no extra fees for seller or buyer , and more importantly the trust we have in each other.
Facebook traders seem to bump up the price yet there are no guarantees and looking at what is allowed to be advertised on that site that is blatantly a con ... sheds for 50 quid, sold by a Nigerian member and free delivery anyone?
BFW has a very good trusted classified section thay by and large is self governed by thr members.
It’s a good point Neil but there was two reasons why I commented on it with my honest opinion on his price.
1 he asked “any thoughts on my price”

2 it’s not in the classified section. So it can’t be a sale advert or a fixed price.

My opinion still stands. There are people out there that collect the Trevor west rods. They’ve been discontinued for some time as has the Harrison bottle green finish.
This particular one is brand new and my opinion is that his price is too low especially to be starting at.

What is a fair price for any rod? Trefor West signature on a Harrison rod doesnt mean its any better than a unsigned Harrison so I guess you are alluding to having a signature and thus making it more collectable in which case it might be better to just put it up to offers and not a fixed price so all the Trefor fans can start a bidding war.
To be honest with you I think sometimes you have an inflated opinion on values, and I believe you and you alone are responsible for the ridiculous prices Normark and Carbotec rods are fetching.
Anyone would might think you are manipulating the market Rich;)

Not getting involved in the price argument
I think the original estimate was very fair vs a current off the shelf Harrison rod
However I have it from the horses mouth that the LA blanks are a one- off to TWs exacting standards along with subtle touches in the reel seats and the ring sizing
So not just him endorsing a product, designed and tested from concept to production by arguably the most famous and successful barbel angler in history
A collectors item

I guess you are alluding to having a signature and thus making it more collectable
No I was alluding to the fact that they are discontinued, sought after, rare Harrison colour and brand new. Of course the signature makes it more collectable to those collecting TW rods… that’s kind of obvious!
Trefor West signature on a Harrison rod doesnt mean its any better than a unsigned Harrison
Agreed. To me and you it doesn’t
To be honest with you I think sometimes you have an inflated opinion on values, and I believe you and you alone are responsible for the ridiculous prices Normark and Carbotec rods are fetching.
wow!! Me alone!!!
if someone asks the value of something and I answer that question it’s always an estimate and I base it on what I’ve seen the last closest one sell for. So they’ve already sold for the amount I estimate long before I commented.
I’m a huge fan of normark rods Neil and I’d love to see the prices come down but unless all of a sudden everyone owning a precious normark decides to sell them all at once and they become common as muck, they will always retain a high value.
No person alone effects the going rate they sell at. People fix prices based on what they see others sell for.

This sort of thing
IMG_0218.jpeg
has made a lot of people wonder about what an avenger 2000 is now worth
You don’t honestly believe “I alone” did that do you Neil 🤣🤣

And it’s got 23 bids so price doesn’t put people off if it’s the rod they want… I have just spent £600 on two off the shelf rods .. I paid it because I wanted them …… I’m just about to pay £600 on two reels to go with them

No I was alluding to the fact that they are discontinued, sought after, rare Harrison colour and brand new. Of course the signature makes it more collectable to those collecting TW rods… that’s kind of obvious!

Agreed. To me and you it doesn’t

wow!! Me alone!!!
if someone asks the value of something and I answer that question it’s always an estimate and I base it on what I’ve seen the last closest one sell for. So they’ve already sold for the amount I estimate long before I commented.
I’m a huge fan of normark rods Neil and I’d love to see the prices come down but unless all of a sudden everyone owning a precious normark decides to sell them all at once and they become common as muck, they will always retain a high value.
No person alone effects the going rate they sell at. People fix prices based on what they see others sell for.

This sort of thing View attachment 23925has made a lot of people wonder about what an avenger 2000 is now worth
You don’t honestly believe “I alone” did that do you Neil 🤣🤣
Never heard of an Avenger 2000.... Wonder if it's a broomstick of a rod?

Have heard of a Nimbus 2000, that is an actual broomstick, if that counts? 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_180523.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_180523.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 68
Never heard of an Avenger 2000.... Wonder if it's a broomstick of a rod?

Have heard of a Nimbus 2000, that is an actual broomstick, if that counts? 😂
You not a float rod man Julian?
Normark 2000 range still regarded by many as the best river floats ever produced!!

I’m not quite in agreement with that statement mind. As good as they might be I’d be wanting at least 2 for £700.

You not a float rod man Julian?
Normark 2000 range still regarded by many as the best river floats ever produced!!

I’m not quite in agreement with that statement mind. As good as they might be I’d be wanting at least 2 for £700.
No never heard of them to be honest. The only float rods I've got are the Drennan IM9 Classics

Back