• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

trefor west floodwater barbel lone angler rod

No I was alluding to the fact that they are discontinued, sought after, rare Harrison colour and brand new. Of course the signature makes it more collectable to those collecting TW rods… that’s kind of obvious!

Agreed. To me and you it doesn’t

wow!! Me alone!!!
if someone asks the value of something and I answer that question it’s always an estimate and I base it on what I’ve seen the last closest one sell for. So they’ve already sold for the amount I estimate long before I commented.
I’m a huge fan of normark rods Neil and I’d love to see the prices come down but unless all of a sudden everyone owning a precious normark decides to sell them all at once and they become common as muck, they will always retain a high value.
No person alone effects the going rate they sell at. People fix prices based on what they see others sell for.

This sort of thing View attachment 23925has made a lot of people wonder about what an avenger 2000 is now worth
You don’t honestly believe “I alone” did that do you Neil 🤣🤣

I was pulling your leg Rich, I appreciate you have s lot to answer for but can't really blame you solely for inflated distorted prices on what is a a nice rod. My DRX is good and just 10% the value of these rods and it all seems a bit silly and tarty to ask for this sort of money.

Not getting involved in the price argument
I think the original estimate was very fair vs a current off the shelf Harrison rod
However I have it from the horses mouth that the LA blanks are a one- off to TWs exacting standards along with subtle touches in the reel seats and the ring sizing
So not just him endorsing a product, designed and tested from concept to production by arguably the most famous and successful barbel angler in history
A collectors item
A collectors item fair enough but subtle touches in the reel seat and ring sizes? What do they do to improve the rod...of course there needs to be a certain uniqueness if you are putting your name on the butt I guess so but there is a heavy premium to pay for endorsements. Even if it is Trefor, Martin Bowler or Graham Elliot.😐

A collectors item fair enough but subtle touches in the reel seat and ring sizes? What do they do to improve the rod...of course there needs to be a certain uniqueness if you are putting your name on the butt I guess so but there is a heavy premium to pay for endorsements. Even if it is Trefor, Martin Bowler or Graham Elliot.😐
I don't own one Neil, just what the guys at LA told me. Unique blank developed by Trefor & Harrisons, not a Torrix or Chimera. I believe the reel seat is inverted so it screws down , not up. Assume it's Fuji. The rings are a similar size along the top section of the blank, they don't dramatically decrease in size from butt to tip. But it's all about the blank, and it won't be for everyone as it's " all through action".
As I said previously, not an endorsement - they designed and built this rod to Trefors specific requirements.
But it's not expensive for what it is , collector or not.
A standard build Chimera 3 off Dave Lumb is £290 , Mark Tunley you'll be closer to £400 I guess.

I don't own one Neil, just what the guys at LA told me. Unique blank developed by Trefor & Harrisons, not a Torrix or Chimera. I believe the reel seat is inverted so it screws down , not up. Assume it's Fuji. The rings are a similar size along the top section of the blank, they don't dramatically decrease in size from butt to tip. But it's all about the blank, and it won't be for everyone as it's " all through action".
As I said previously, not an endorsement - they designed and built this rod to Trefors specific requirements.
A standard build Chimera 3 off Dave Lumb is £290 , Mark Tunley you'll be closer to £400 I guess.
You won’t get a 2.25 Harrison flood rod nowadays Paul without spending near on 300 quid and this will be to the most standard build going.
I didn’t do a lot of customization with my C3’s really.
Just the practical stuff like strong k series guides, a sight tip and a preferred ringing pattern.
Other than this it was as standard as it gets and they were still over £330 each from DL which I thought was a cracking price.

I think Pete’s on the money with his price and if it was a pair up for grabs at 280 each I’ve no doubt they’d of gone by now.
That’s the Trouble with uncommon rods. Most people want pairs

Hi Paul, given that Trefor approached his angling in a very simple and brilliant way I wonder just what his rod of choice is or was for a Teme Tiger? He did a programme some years back with Matt Hayes free lining lumps of Spam and catching on the Teme, it was a brilliant display of an angler at the top of his game.
I will revisit the video and try and see the rod he used, although probably best someone who understands rods better would be better.
I have experienced the Teme barbel fight club, and they can beat you up...managed to tame four from one swim but the next week all hookups did me far bank.
So has to be a special hook and hold tool.
Sadly those days are just a memory as Trefor himself said at BS meeting a few summers back.

Have an old green trefor west rod at home tucked away somewhere think the top two inches were snapped off the tip but a very good rod if my memory serves me right.

Neil, if you find the Trefor video can you post a link on here please ? just had a quick look on youtube and can't find anything. Thanks

Back