• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Treating yourself.

Sounds like you have what you need tackle wise, how about just sticking some funds in a savings account/premium bonds which is just your treat money….then at some point something will grab your attention, wether it be a trip or tackle, then you have the funds set aside just for if??

Yeah I've seen them around, look weird from the back of it, but heard they go well! I do love the look of the toyota supra G.R 2.0... Don't like the BMW involvement in the engine! Shame is wasn't an all out Japanese build spec.
Oh and I prefer manual over automatic gear box's which not many do these days.
Do you have any experience of the ZF auto, Julian.
They do not miss a beat!
I think the current Supra will go on to be a classic for it's design - it's striking!

🤔
I’d rather a Chris Lythe with enough change for nice weekend break somewhere myself.

I remember when Barders released that reel thinking how over priced it was for an outsourced manufactured, machined, and frankly boring looking reel. Needless to say the The Barder fans snapped them up quick enough that they sold out.
But it's the understated look that I find appealing. Probably aimed primarily at cane users and an Okuma Raw on cane would just look wrong. I have always preferred a less ventilated pin ( although I own them ) to help keep out the maggot dust, groundbait, etc and on the few reviews I have seen of them the reviewers were initially skeptical of them until they actually saw them in the flesh. Solid, quality components without the fancy looks. It's a bit like comparing an old Aston to a Lambo, the former just oozes understated class. Overpriced yes, but what high end pin isn't really.

Hi men ,

Things iv done on special birthdays etc .

Hired a narrow boat , had lots of family on it stopping for a great BBQ/picnic , you will remember it as you try and steer it 😜.

Went to my fav ever bands gig , Embrace , at the Roundhouse , and drank and eat at the local pubs that were rocking .

Went to see England cricket in the world cup at the oval , another day of great food , beer , at meeting strangers that iv kept in touch with . Iconic pubs along the way 👍.

Treated myself to a trip to France , theatre of dreams , where I fished for carp , but given more time would have dropped on a river for the untouched barbel fishing over there 👍

Hatter

But it's the understated look that I find appealing. Probably aimed primarily at cane users and an Okuma Raw on cane would just look wrong. I have always preferred a less ventilated pin ( although I own them ) to help keep out the maggot dust, groundbait, etc and on the few reviews I have seen of them the reviewers were initially skeptical of them until they actually saw them in the flesh. Solid, quality components without the fancy looks. It's a bit like comparing an old Aston to a Lambo, the former just oozes understated class. Overpriced yes, but what high end pin isn't really.

Sure I’ll never own one but agree with your sentiment.

Back