• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Torrix 2lb vs Free Spirit Barbel Seeker

I've just weighed the 11ft 2lb Torrix and the 11 ft Barbel Seeker and they are both 9oz (on scales that weigh to the nearest ounce) - so nothing in it weight wise (I am going to start a separate post on my Reuben Heaton 9000 scales).

The 11ft 2lb Torrix is definitely not a poker and the 11ft Barbel Seeker is definitely not floppy.

I can't comment on that as I've never fished with a Chimera 2 (or even seen one) but the Chimera must be outstanding.
I can’t comment either because the only 1.75/2 lb rods I own are Chimera 2’s.

In the days when I barbel fished on the B Avon they did the job just fine…….

I think its fair to say that in this discussion personal opinion is the key factor.

It is definitely not a science, where hard evidence might prove which rod is the best ! 😏
Bang on!
I really dislike the 12 foot 1.75 torrix. Yet it’s probably one of the most popular Harrison barbel blanks going and loved by 95% of anglers.
That’s why you’ve gotta try em out. No point listening to the total crap waffled on rods because your perspective could be completely different to mine

I’m not surprised Rich. ……2 of them bad boys cost more than my entire rod collection is probably worth
I reckon they don’t get tried enough
I haven’t tried one before but I’d love to get a big fish on one
Yeah - prohibitive cost new, Rich. I've just managed to pick up another secondhand - so feeling blessed! 😇

Back