• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Torrix 2lb vs Free Spirit Barbel Seeker

I am choosing between these two as well, but in 1.75lb at 11ft. From the information I gathered so far, the seeker is more through action than the torrix.

Also, maybe not a good way to judge, but on Mark Tunley's website, the seeker's blank is more expensive than the torrix. Not sure if this is due the importing tax etc.

They're 'chalk and cheese' IMO @Huanzhou Zhu ... decide on what you are going to use the rod for (target fish and method of fishing) and the action you prefer before you choose the rod, and preferable choose in a tackle shop. If you prefer faster/tippier rods then go for the Torrix, if you prefer through/true progressive action then go for a Free Spirit.

Take your pick 🤣🤣🤣
4FDC0ACC-E003-4F3F-A45F-8A7986CC075D.jpeg
FAA88BF4-E33F-4061-A2AE-184DFA09EA65.jpeg

They're 'chalk and cheese' IMO @Huanzhou Zhu ... decide on what you are going to use the rod for (target fish and method of fishing) and the action you prefer before you choose the rod, and preferable choose in a tackle shop. If you prefer faster/tippier rods then go for the Torrix, if you prefer through/true progressive action then go for a Free Spirit.
Got all of them here, all made up and ready to go and I'm not saying a word.:cool:
I have my 'Avon' hat at the moment and putting bends in 11' Torrix (Avon) 1.5, 11' Avon 1lb 6oz and 11' Chimera Avon 1.25 and having fun.
Cheers
Bob

Thats exactly my thought as well.

Got all of them here, all made up and ready to go and I'm not saying a word.:cool:
I have my 'Avon' hat at the moment and putting bends in 11' Torrix (Avon) 1.5, 11' Avon 1lb 6oz and 11' Chimera Avon 1.25 and having fun.
Cheers
Bob
I am waiting for my 4pcs avon, don’t know why it will be built.

Is 1.5 torrix also tippy or more through action Bill?

The Torrix 2lb Rod is a fantastic rod.

Have the Free Spirit lost some weight,?

The old brown blank ones were heavy.😄

Back